The Cox Business Senior Account Executive (Retail) sells complex bundled telephony, data, video, and internet bandwidth solutions to existing and prospective general enterprise business customers (100+ employees) or enterprise customers in specific verticals. Example products may include advanced data solutions (Ethernet, MPLS), VoIP solutions (SIP Trunking, IP Centrex), cellular services (3G, 4G) and advanced video solutions (Video on demand applications). Cross-sells, up-sells, and works with other members of the sales team to retain customers after the initial sale.
The position works independently in the field 70% of the week. Spends majority of the week out of the office but while at the Cox offices, works in a cubicle at a desk. Most time is spent on customer consultation, sales plan development; little cold calling. Incumbent will use a personal vehicle for extensive local travel (with reimbursement for travel). The role is part of a goal-driven, sales organization with pressure to grow revenue quickly. Incumbent will manage their own schedule. May have to spend 1-3 hours a day putting information into order generation system. Also, works on customers’ premises. Regularly works outdoors in adverse weather conditions and at night, when necessary. The role is expected to perceive that Cox is a good place to work.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Within assigned segment, identifies new prospects or new departments/divisions/branches of organizations that are already Cox Business customers by using multiple sources of sales leads and contacts (internal and external networking, investigating new and expanding businesses). Collects information about prospects from the businesses’ websites and other sources to prepare for sales calls and assess their potential spending.
• Develops and maintains sales plans for assigned segment or vertical and for individual accounts.
• Manages and maintains required pipeline and forecast data, providing updates as required by management.
• Keeps customer database up to date by recording all activities, transactions, and communications with customers.
• Prepares regular expense, sales forecasts, and sales activity reports using software designed for that purpose.
• Refers contact information for a customer or prospect to another representative if the sale is not appropriate (e.g. not in assigned segment, customer or prospect is too small).
• Determines whether the prospective customer is on- or off-net.
• Communicates with prospective customers in person, by phone, email or other technology to develop new or expanded sales opportunities and set an appoint to understand their business and explore mutually beneficial objectives using solution selling techniques.
• Meets with prospective and existing customers in person or by conference call to understand their business, to explore mutually beneficial objectives, collect information required to assess their communication needs in detail and estimate the amount of potential new or incremental business the account represents.
• Uses a spreadsheet-based tool to assess the ROI for prospects who are not currently on the Cox network and forwards the result for approval.
• Collaborates with Sales Engineer and Sales Support Team to determine appropriate solutions to meet complex customer needs. Develops proposals and multi-media sales presentations.
• Makes face-to-face or web conference cost justified sales presentations to customer or prospect decision makers who represent new or incremental sales opportunities. Uses value-based selling techniques to leverage the position of Cox and the communications products it offers and to educate and influence customers.
• Builds an effective consultative relationship with customers during the sales process to ensure customer satisfaction. Maintains relationships with customers in order to provide good service, develop future business opportunities, and gain referrals. May entertain customers.
• In conjunction with the Sales Manager and Corporate Legal, negotiates pricing, service level, and terms/conditions of contracts with customers.
• Responds to customer requests to reduce spending or cancel the contract by helping the customer solve problems or maintain services given budget limitations.
• Cultivates consulting relationships with customers, forming customer relationships at multiple levels to provide good service, develop future business opportunities, and gain referrals. Makes frequent contact; maintains in-depth knowledge of their business, industry, and key competitors; regularly updates needs analysis; makes changes and solves problems as required. Entertains customers.
• Works with Order Entry Specialist to set up orders for installation. Works with Project Manager, Service Delivery, Sales Engineer and/or Sales Support Team to address any issues regarding installation or service for the customer.
• Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of Cox and competitor telephony, data, wireless, and video services/solutions, customer premise equipment, networking, consultation, negotiation, and sales skills; attends strategic and/or development meetings with Sales management.
• Participates in internal meetings to create product packages, sales processes, communicate and coordinate sales, report on sales activities, implement new products, solve problems, and keep up-to-date with information about Cox.
• Creates and participates in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local community in order to network and develop and maintain Cox’s presence; e.g. promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and other local councils.
• 5 or more years of experience required in related field; 3 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
• 3 years’ successful business-to-business outside sales experience preferred with quotas, cold calling
• 1 year telecommunications (telephony, data, wireless, and video) sales experience
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
• 6 months’ work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office
• Excellent skill in adaptability, applied learning, assignment management, building relationships, written communication, expanding and advancing opportunities, formal presentation skills, functional competence, high impact communication, continuous learning, PC skills, reasoning, and sustained customer satisfaction, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
• BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired
• 5 years’ successful business-to-business outside sales experience with quotas
• 3 years’ successful telecommunications (telephony, data, wireless, and video) sales experience
• Knowledge of local telecom market, local contacts
• Experience selling into K12 & Higher Education Verticals in the Rhode Island Market
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.