Our data scientists are responsible for leading the development of advanced analytics models to solve our customers’ problems through innovative products and services; and inform internal business operations and strategy. They work closely with product, engineering, and our business stakeholders as the subject matter expert on the application of mathematical modeling across our family of leading automotive brands. The Senior Manager, Data Science leads a team of data scientists and is responsible for the delivery of solutions within a single business or technical domain. This includes working with senior data science technical staff to formulate the problem, devise an approach, and partner with colleagues in product and engineering to ensure successful delivery.
- Lead and manage the delivery of data science solutions within a single business or technical domain.
- Ensure proper problem formulation, methodology selection, and delivery planning.
- Help drive the adoption of best practices in all phases of data science solution delivery.
- Work with stakeholders and partners across the company to ensure successful project delivery.
- Maintain an awareness of industry trends.
- Actively develop talent within the team.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on solution development.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- The ability and inclination to coach junior staff.
- Proven experience applying descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive statistics to real-world problems.
- Experience in general programming language, e.g., Python.
- Experience querying relational databases using SQL.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to present finding clearly and concisely to data science leadership and business stakeholders.
- Expertise in one or more of the following strongly preferred:
- Generalized linear models, time series models, forecasting techniques, cluster analysis, and principle component analysis.
- Linear and mixed integer optimization, discrete event simulation, heuristic methods, and network flow analysis.
- Machine Learning: Selecting, tuning, and implementing a variety of common supervised and unsupervised models, including decision trees, nearest neighbor models, and neural nets; and several standard ML libraries, such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, or similar.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) strongly preferred.
- Experience creating compelling data visualizations strongly preferred.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.
- Degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or related quantitative field.
- BS/BA with 7 years’ experience; MS with 5 years’ experience; PhD with 2 years' experience.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accomodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accomodation would cause an undue harship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.