Cox Automotive is looking for an experienced Principal Software Engineer to upgrade and maintain CRM platform and applications. Principal Software Engineer’s responsibilities include recommending software solutions, design software solutions, build reliable and scalable software features/products. Should be able to mentor junior engineers.
To be successful as Principal Software Engineer, you should be able to work with Product Manager to evaluate feature requirements, system limitations and time constraints. Principal Software Engineer should be up to date on new technologies and software development practices.
- Lead a group of software developers and execute on a strategic systems and applications roadmap deliverables
- Develop and deliver platform and application enhancements which meet or exceed customer needs
- Plan and deliver core technology upgrades for our CRM platform
- Diagnose, design, and implement solutions to key technology or application problems
- Proactively collaborate and partner with internal stakeholders to deliver business impacting projects
- Bring creative solutions to the table
- BA/BS degree in related field with 10 years of related experience; MS with 8 years experience; Ph.D. with 5 years experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Strong, hands-on technical track record
- Ability to communicate ideas, alternatives, and solutions
- Strong communication skills, self-direction, and solid problem-solving skills with a focus on delivering innovative platform solutions.
- Proven ability to be self-directed and operate effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Should be familiar with deploying apps in Kubernetes
- Proven ability to define and implement effective software development methodologies
- Comfortable with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lead developers
- Mobile and Tablet programming experience is a plus (Android, iOS).
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accomodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accomodation would cause an undue harship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.