The Cox Business Account Executive sells bundled telephony, data, and video solutions to new business customers; maintains on-going relationships with existing customers, retains their business, and cross- and upsells to them as long as there is potential for uncovered account growth. Example products may include data/transport solutions (Internet, Ethernet), VoIP solutions (SIP Trunking, IP Centrex) and software-as-a-service. Refers leads to other members of outside sales team, as appropriate.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Identifies new prospects in assigned territory using multiple sources of sales leads (internal and external networking, and market analysis tools/software e.g. Dun & Bradstreet data to aid in investigating new and expanding businesses). Collects information about prospects’ businesses from their websites and other sources to prepare for sales calls and assess potential applications. (Spends the most time on this activity.)
• Responsible for lead generation through cold-calling and hunting. Identify and develop potential clients through networking, working with existing database and utilizing website tools to generate new opportunities.
• Develops and maintains sales plans for own territory and for each account.
• Manages and maintains required pipeline and forecast data, and provides updates as required by management.
• Keeps customer database up to date by recording all activities, transactions, and communications with customers.
• Prepares regular expense, sales forecasts, and sales activity reports using software designed for that purpose.
• Refers contact information for a customer or prospect to another representative if the sale is not appropriate (e.g. out of territory, customer or prospect is too large or too small).
• Determines if the prospective customer is on or off-net.
• Communicates with prospective customers in person, by phone, email or other technology to develop sales opportunities and set an appointment to understand their business and explore mutually beneficial objectives, using solution selling techniques as appropriate.
• Meets with prospective customers in person or by conference call to collect information required to assess their communication needs in detail, estimate the amount and type of potential business the account represents, and qualify the prospect.
• Uses a spreadsheet-based tool to assess the ROI for prospects who are not currently on the Cox network and forwards the result for approval.
• Collaborates with Sales Engineer and Sales Support Team to determine appropriate solutions to meet customers’ needs. Develops proposals and multi-media sales presentations.
• Makes face-to-face or web conference cost-justified sales presentations to customer decision makers. Uses solution selling techniques to leverage the position of Cox and the communications products it offers and to educate and influence customers.
• Demonstrates observable knowledge of the IMPACT training during the prospecting/selling process. Builds an effective consultative relationship with customers during the sales process to ensure customer satisfaction. Maintains relationships with customers in order to provide good service, develop future business opportunities, and gain referrals. May entertain customers.
• Negotiates pricing, products, and promotions with new customers. Verifies that service pricing reflects pricing structures set at the corporate level.
• Works with Order Entry Specialist to set up orders for installation. Works with Sales Engineer and/or Sales Support Team to address any issues regarding installation or service for the customer.
• Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of Cox and competitor telephony, data, wireless, and video services and offerings, customer premise equipment, networking, consultation, negotiation, and sales skills; attends strategic and/or development meetings with Sales management.
• Participates in internal meetings to create product packages, sales processes, communicate and coordinate sales, report on sales activities, implement new products, solve problems, and keep up-to-date with information about Cox.
• Creates and participates in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local community in order to network and develop and maintain Cox’s presence; e.g., promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and/or other local councils.
• 3-5 or more years of experience required in related field
• 3 years successful business-to-business outside sales experience preferred with quotas and cold calling
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
• Requires 6 months experience using a computer in a work or non-work setting
• Excellent skill in adaptability, applied learning, assignment management, building relationships, written communication, customer service orientation, formal presentation skills, functional competence, high impact communication, continuous learning, negotiation, PC skills, reasoning, and sales skills, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired
• 3 years business-to-business sales experience with quotas
• Strong prospecting, cold calling and hunting skills and self-created lead generation
• 1 year telecommunications sales experience
• Knowledge of local telecom market, local contacts
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.