VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
**The individual in this role may reside in Topeka (including surrounding communities), Lawrence or Kansas City, KS**
Are you driven to succeed and looking to work for the best in the business? Bring your drive to Cox Media as an Advertising Account Executive, where you will sell digital and TV advertising solutions across our top sports and cable channels. Anyone, anywhere, any screen is at the center of every advertising plan with Cox Media.
Our Advertising Account Executives represent the best brands in the industry including Bravo, HGTV, FreeForm, ESPN, CNN, and many more. We hire energetic, passionate sales professionals with a drive to succeed and who know how to have fun at work.
If this sounds like you, keep reading to find out more!
A career as an Advertising Account Executive will offer you a creative and collaborative sales environment, competitive pay with uncapped earning potential, and recognition for your outstanding performance.
- Develop television and digital advertising and marketing campaigns for new businesses and current clients
- Generate new business leads by prospecting and making cold calls to achieve and exceed sales goals
- Understand client’s business objectives and create marketing campaigns to drive results thru effective advertising
- Create and present customized sales presentations/proposals and successfully close negotiations
- Sell integrated, multi-screen marketing solutions customized to each client's needs, from the Cox Media product suite that includes Video and Display capabilities including Addressable Advertising, Retargeting, and Digital Video
- Increase knowledge of sales and product offerings thru provided training
- Represent Cox Media in the business community by attending local events and build relationships with key decision-makers
- Participates in budgeting and forecasting individual revenue achievement
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- 1+ years of cable, broadcast, radio, digital, or advertising sales/support or marketing experience
- A proven track record in developing new business and achieving individual sales goals
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and other software programs such as CRM tools
- Motivated team player who consistently strives to exceed goals and push revenue expectations
- Valid driving license, good driving record, and reliable transportation
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple assignments and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (business, advertising, communications, or marketing)
- Solid understanding of marketing principles and applications in business
- Interactive Advertising Bureau Certification and/or Google Ad Words Certified a plus
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.