The Cox Media Marketing Analyst researches, analyzes, and summarizes market, sales, product and other data that enable Cox Media Sales and Marketing to develop data-driven strategies and programs to attract new clients, grow total advertising spend with existing clients, and reduce overall client churn. Provides expertise on marketplace trends, competitive positioning, research-based sales tools and performance based campaign metrics to drive business decisions. Translates sometimes disparate data sets into actionable insights regarding opportunities to connect Cox Media multi-product solutions and clients’ marketing objectives. Provides research-based training to Sales Consultants on how to promote and position Cox Media portfolio products to drive sales and client retention.
The positions requires a fast pace of work, multiple demands and high pressure to deliver research results to accommodate others’ schedules and priorities. Works independently with limited or remote supervision. Role is budget-driven; with pressure to meet ambitious revenue goals. Use of personal or company car to travel occasionally to clients’ locations within the system. Occasional travel to other Cox Media offices may be required. Has contact with external clients by phone and in person. May occasionally participate in on- and off-site client activities which may occur outside regular business hours. Requires significant collaboration with others with no formal organizational authority.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Analyzes secondary research data (including quantitative and qualitative) to demonstrate value for Cox Media products and takes initiative to find growth opportunities and recommend solutions based on findings.
- Provides high-touch research support to Sales Consultants and Sales Service Specialists for developing customized solutions and presentations geared towards securing business from high spend/high potential clients.
- Provides Inside Sales channel, Cox Residential and Business with competitive information, research data, and related market information to build and execute on sales and marketing strategies, support local cross-channel inventory, and identify cross-over opportunities.
- Proactively seeks out top programming stories and works in partnership with Marketing Communications Specialist to translate into client facing material.
- Customizes research-based tools to provide reports that enable Sales to drive revenue.
- Develops and delivers research-based training for Sales, Sales Services and new hire orientation.
- Provides data, programming data and analysis to Marketing Communications Specialists to support sales collateral pieces, competitive positioning materials and packages.
- Collaborates with Marketing Communications Specialist to perform deep dive analysis into client segments and identify market opportunities.
- Performs marketplace analysis of television viewing, digital and media usage trends on a consistent basis, as well as analysis as needed on campaign performance, report lead and demand generation campaign analytics, and performance of other Cox Media marketing initiatives.
- Summarizes and communicates market research and programming data to Sales and Marketing leadership, Sales Consultants and Sales Service Specialists, and clients through training, sales tools, “head storyteller” presentation templates, and client facing materials.
- Collaborates with Finance to perform marketplace revenue and share analysis and trending to enable Sales Leadership to evaluate market opportunities. Utilizes secondary research sources such as Kantar, economic data, SQAD, local media intelligence, and other digital and media research tools.
- Collaborates with Inventory to generate ratings estimates for upcoming high-profile programming opportunities in an effort to assign appropriate value for pricing.
- Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of marketing techniques, Cox Media and competitor services.
- 2 or more years of experience required in related field
- External candidates – 2 years experience preferred researching and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data in a related field (Internal candidates- 1 years)
- 2 years experience using Microsoft Office applications PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook in a work setting with demonstrated expertise in Excel required.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- Excellent skills in adaptability, building relationships, communicating effectively, delivering customer service, formal presentations, functional competence, initiating action, PC skills, producing results, quality orientation, sales opportunity analysis, and written communication, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- Experience in data analysis and utilizing data to tell a story
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Management or a related field.
- 2 years media research experience in a sales-driven organization
- Functionality with Access databases a plus.
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
- Ability/experience to present to clients
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.