Cox Communications is looking for a Senior Data Scientist who will be a core member of the Consumer Analytics organization. This Senior Data Scientist will help influence sales and marketing decisions of Cox Communications by supporting and helping to institutionalize a data-driven sales analytics culture. This role will be responsible for building advanced sales analytics solutions that help support Sales decision making. Ideal candidate will have strong skills in business acumen, communication, leadership, advanced analytics algorithms, models, tools, and technologies to drive solution development at scale. This position will also require the ability to work independently on all advanced analytical projects, from data preparation and cleaning to formulating solutions, model development, validation, model implementation, and presentation of findings to stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently in all aspects of Sales analytical solution development.
- Partner and develop relationships with stakeholders and cross functional partners to understand the problem at hand, help generate hypothesis and problem formulation and the selection of an appropriate methodology to solve the problem.
- Present insights and recommendations to business partners and stakeholders, decision makers and influence the direction and decisions.
- Prepare data, documentation, reports, and visualizations. Support implementation of solutions.
- Expected to develop, use and deploy statistical models such as: Generalized linear models, time series models, forecasting techniques, cluster analysis, anomaly detection, descriptive statistical techniques, statistical diagnostic techniques (e.g., significance testing, model fit, etc.) and principle component analysis
- Create supervised and unsupervised models, including decision trees, nearest neighbor models, and neural nets; and standard ML libraries
- A/B testing and model validation
- Guide and mentor team members as needed.
- Test new technologies, tools, and data. Keep up to date on new technologies, standards, and practices.
- Develop and maintain production-ready code.
- Build domain knowledge around Sales data, Consumer data, customer profitability, finance, and marketing data.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- 5 or more years of experience in an advanced analytics role; 3 or more years of experience if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
- Strong programming skills and ability to utilize a variety of data, analytic software, languages/tools, e.g., SQL, Python (pandas, numpy, scipy, scikit-learn), Tableau, etc.
- Experience using cloud computing to build analytics applications. AWS experience a plus.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and presentations skills. Ability to successfully comprehend and communicate advanced analytics artifacts, business insights, and resulting implications to non-technical business partners.
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills.
- Strong Power-point and Excel skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Data Sciences, Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics, Business, Computer Science, etc.)
- Advanced degree with a focus in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Analytics, Engineering, or closely related field.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.