Cox Automotive is hiring an experienced Principal Technical Architect for our Inventory Management Solutions (IMS) portfolio group at our vAuto office in Austin, TX.
Cox Automotive offers the chance to take a leading role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. We are on a journey to transform our product portfolio into a broad offering of reusable services delivered in the cloud, enabling the rapid delivery of industry-leading experiences that customers love. Architects are the technology change agents delivering this modernization and innovation. They are energetic influencers that enable world-class solutions for key Cox Automotive business domains including vehicle valuation, acquisition, pricing, inventory management, and merchandising.
Learn more about Cox Automotive
As an Architect for Inventory Management Solutions (IMS), you will drive the design of next-generation Cox-wide common services and customer-facing software-as-a-service applications including owning the success of:
- Cloud-native applications in AWS
- Application modernization to microservices
- Portfolio rationalization that consolidates back end systems and duplicative integrations
- Business, product, and engineering collaborations
- Technical standards definition
- New technology adoption
- Meeting performance, availability, scalability, reliability, maintainability, and security SLAs
- Serve as a cloud technology thought leader.
- Partner with architecture and engineering leaders to drive alignment on the right balance between consistency and flexibility in our cloud adoption approach.
- Define and maintain a rationalized catalog of technologies, patterns, and processes to help teams chart their cloud adoption journey while achieving both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Identify and prioritize engineering enablement opportunities to help accelerate this journey.
- Support the architecture and engineering organization as teams develop target-state architectures and execute on product roadmaps that include cloud-related technology.
- Develop and advocate for technology guidelines that enable teams to deliver solutions meeting industry, vendor, and/or enterprise standards and best practices.
- Serve as a liaison to the broader enterprise on cloud-related topics – socializing patterns, sharing successes, and acting as the primary point of contact for our Cloud Business Office (CBO).
- Build software prototypes as necessary to validate architecture approaches and assess emerging technologies.
- 3+ years of experience with architecting and engineering AWS cloud-based solutions
- 5+ years of working experience as a solution or technical architect
- 10+ years of experience in software development for mid-size to large corporations
- At ease advocating for technical solutions and enjoy the challenge of influencing others
- Ability to write high-quality blog posts and technical documentation
- Ability to represent Cox Automotive in the industry through conference presentations
- Ability to serve as a technology mentor, facilitating the growth of Cox Automotive colleagues
- Ability to manage conflict and maintain productive working relationships
- Hand-on AWS cloud-native application design and architecture experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or relevant industry experience
- Ability to code in any language using any technology stack through self-teaching
- SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- Distributed systems
- Docker, Kubernetes, and other container technologies
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accomodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accomodation would cause an undue harship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.