Provides operational and support services to the entire Cox Media sales organization which could include: monthly commission reporting, plan & policy documentation, ad-hoc project management, compensation administration support, reporting and analysis, and ensures sales compensation programs are aligned with the company's compensation philosophy and overall talent strategy. Consults with leadership and employees to resolve commission payment questions and escalated issues. This role requires the ability to work independently and provide guidance for ambiguous situations. This role can be located in Atlanta or any Cox field market.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Provide monthly executive-level commission reporting & analysis as well as overall effectiveness analysis and regular assessments of commission plans and sales compensation policies;
- Partners with and establishes credibility & influence with multiple sales leaders and functions, such as sales operations, marketing, finance, & HR. Partners with diverse groups to earn buy-in;
- Promotes awareness of the compensation plan and current trends in effective compensation/performance management;
- Develop and administer any related tools, training, and strategies that help further the implementation of sales compensation strategies within the enterprise;
- Creates and adheres to process standards, controls, and best practices to ensure commission payments are properly calculated;
- Serves as a subject matter expert on commission plan and Commission management system (Xactly) for all Cox Media sales personnel;
- Researches calculation inconsistencies and resolves issues to ensure correct and accurate payments
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all sales commission and incentive payments
- Evaluates effectiveness of potential compensation plans using modeling techniques.
- Provides reporting and analysis through a system of standardized reporting
- 5 or more years of experience required in related fields (i.e. Finance, Human Resources, Sales Operations, etc.)
- 3 or more years of experience required if the candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to results expected. Determines and develops approach to solutions; Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- Requires strong knowledge of Excel (Advanced), Modeling and Forecasting Sales Compensation
- Excellent communication and analytical skills; able to conceptualize data as it relates to compensation, goal attainment, and achieving results and the ability to interpret business objectives and successfully incorporate those into sales compensation terms. to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
- BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Finance, Business, etc.).
- Experience in the media industry desired
- Prefer Sales Comp Certification (CCP, CSCP, etc)
- Prior experience with Essbase, Xactly Commission Software is a plus
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.