This role requires two years of experience and demonstrated proficiency as a Supply Chain Specialist. It supports the distribution of materials & CPE to various boundary partners (Field Service Technicians, Installation Contractors, Solution Stores, 3rd Party Stores, etc.). This individual researches and resolves supply chain inventory issues. They will utilize applications to track, log, and understand inventory levels. They will provide pickup, delivery, and loading/unloading of CPE, materials, equipment and mail by safely operating fleet vehicles.
This role requires the ability to use data and reports to make decisions regarding inventory needs. It also requires the ability to audit and provide quality control of all orders for accuracy. The Supply Chain Specialist II may provide direction and guidance to lower level Specialists.
- Must have a minimum of 2 yrs. experience & has demonstrated proficiency in the following Supply Chain Specialist I responsibilities:
- Supports the distribution of materials & CPE to various boundary partners (Field Service Technicians, Installation Contractors, Solution Stores, 3rd Party Stores, etc.)
- Utilizes ICOMS billing system application & scanners to assign serialized CPE & other materials to as well as receive CPE returns from boundary partners
- Researches and resolves CPE returns in improper statuses
- Utilizes CHAT Pallet Builder application & scanners to prepare serialized CPE returns for shipment back to the PDC. Includes sorting, boxing, labeling, shrink wrapping & staging of CPE returns
- Provides pickup, delivery, and loading/unloading of CPE, materials, equipment and mail by safely operating fleet vehicles
- Inspects fleet vehicles & equipment for defects & safe operating condition before, during and after trips. Submits inspection reports as required
- Utilizes light warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks (push & electric), shrink wrap machines and bailor
- Assists in periodic serialized CPE (ICOMS) cycle counts and annual serialized CPE (ICOMS) inventory. May assist in Oracle inventory cycle counts and annual inventory.
Additional accountabilities & task responsibilities of a Supply Chain Specialist II
- Generates & utilizes reports to pull, prepare and stage ICOMS CPE orders for distribution to all channels (FS Techs, Contractors, Solution Stores, etc.).
- Proactively monitors Solution Store inventory levels; identifies when inventory is low and determines when a delivery and/or pick up should take place
- Picks and stages orders associated with AFC sourced items (yard stock & other)
- Ensures accuracy & QC of both inbound & outbound orders
- May develop, implement and execute quality management procedures & systems
- May train, coach, and provide limited direction to other Supply Chain Specialist I employees on an as needed basis
- Utilizes heavy warehouse equipment such as forklifts and scissor lifts
- 2+ years of related work experience (e.g. warehouse operations)
- Aptitude to learn how to operate warehouse equipment (pallet jack, stretch wrap machine, etc.)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to operate a standard truck/vehicle
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Forklift and scissor lift certifications are required
- Knowledge & experience with basic warehouse software/systems
- Must have strong reasoning skills to identify inventory issues and understand best course of action
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.