Cox Automotive is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Marketing and Advertising engineering team.
Cox Automotive is the market leading provider of technology services to the automotive industry. Our engineering organization takes pride in building innovative products that make our customers successful. We are passionate about building great software while having fun doing it. The result is an award-winning culture in which everyone is approachable, ideas are judged on their merits, and healthy, empowered people drive transformative technology.
As a Sr. Software Engineer on the Marketing and Advertising Release Train, you will work in a collaborative agile team environment that encourages you to perform at your best and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions for complex business challenges. You will apply your knowledge of object-oriented design along with engineering best practices, design patterns, and frameworks to deliver real product value.
Java, Spring, AWS (EMR, ECS, EC2, S3, Glue, Athena, QuickSight, Lambda, API Gateway, SQS, Kinesis, Terraform, CloudFront, CloudWatch, RDS), Active MQ, Maven, NewRelic/DataDog/SumoLogic, Cucumber, REST/gRPC, Hibernate, MySQL, GitHub, TeamCity/Jenkins, Apache Airflow
- Develop advertising solutions for the expanding digital advertising space including Connected TV, OTT, Music Streaming, YouTube, Facebook, Google Search and Display
- Design, build and support cloud-native applications that serve our digital advertising stakeholders
- Establish patterns for our organization that deliver our software products at scale with observability, performance and security
- Design and build service-oriented architecture solutions, constructing and managing services published to both internal and external consumers, integrating with complex database and third-party components
- Engage with your agile scrum team to build a culture of passion, trust and creativity
- Learn and leverage the automotive digital advertising domain to change the way the world buys, sells and uses cars
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
- 5+ years of multi-threaded server-side web application development experience
What We Look For:
- Experience designing and implementing applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures with an emphasis on AWS technologies
- Proven ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
- Strong Java skills and object-oriented design experience, including working knowledge of the Java web technology platform and applied use of design patterns
- Strong database development skills including a solid understanding of database technologies, and logical and physical data modeling
- Experience implementing automated tests and observability, monitoring and alerting
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies desired
- Knowledge of digital advertising is a plus
Known for the outstanding quality of life Vermont has to offer, Burlington is a small city with a lot going for it. Nestled between the Green Mountains and the Adirondacks along the shores of Lake Champlain, the area is a haven for outdoor recreation. The Burlington area is home to several colleges and the University of Vermont and has a thriving cultural scene. Cox Automotive is based at 1 Howard St., in the heart of Burlington’s South End, which features great restaurants, breweries, and convenient access to Burlington’s bike path, parks and waterfront.
Like many engineering teams, the pandemic has challenged us to evolve how we work. Ask us how!
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accomodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accomodation would cause an undue harship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.