The Senior Manager of Business Enablement plays a critical role in aligning Cox Media’s strategy with how we execute internally to ensure the most efficient and effective results. Partnering with senior leaders and cross functional teams, this position will optimize our marketing and sales experiences by improving the scalability, automation and integration of our systems and processes. With expert knowledge of Cox Media’s processes and tools, this position is the catalyst for innovation and change, driving requirements for tools, product, technology and new ways of doing business that are customer centric, sales friendly, and data rich.
Direct reports may include: Business Analysts, Process Analysts
1. Demonstrates strong initiative to invent, develop and implement ideas and develop concepts (either self-generated or developed collaboratively) that are directly applicable to Cox Media’s Strategy.
2. Leads strategic conversation and builds strong partnerships with senior leaders to understand the sales ecosystem, business needs, challenges and opportunities that drive sales automation and enablement strategies.
3. Collaborates with Sales, Marketing, Product, Tech and other corporate functional areas on a regular basis to ensure initiative strategies and tactics align with stakeholder and business needs.
4. Evaluates business challenges, new idea investigation, ideas for integration, and makes recommendations for changes based on the Business Enablement process.
5. Develops business case documentation and cost assessments when initiating new sales tools with an emphasis on business needs, benefits, risks and return on investment.
6. Follows a solid methodology of problem identification, root cause analysis, solution design, development, testing, training and implementation.
7. Develops methods to measure business system and process satisfaction to ensure that work effort is meeting expectations for time, cost and results. Synthesize feedback to ensure business requirements are representative of enterprise-wide business needs.
8. Establish and maintains strong partnership with PMO organization to ensure alignment on project objectives, resources needs, dependencies, risk and mitigation strategies.
9. Initiates and implements adoption and accountability strategies to ensure Cox Media is maximizing the use of existing systems and realizing the return on investment made in sales automation and enablement tools.
10. Assists in the accomplishment of company objectives by performing other related duties as assigned.
• Proven ability to develop detailed work plans and execute under pressure. Must be able to work independently and deliver measurable results.
• Must be a team-player and thrive in an environment that promotes strong individual skills that are easily applied to the goals of the team and company.
• Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment, complete multiple tasks at one time, meet deadlines, and self-recognize and adapt to priorities that change often.
• Exceptional interpersonal/people skills including verbal and written communication and presentation skills to any size audience.
• Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering and creating/deploying solutions to end users.
• Strong organizational, detail, problem-solving and follow-up skills. Exudes a professional image inside and outside the company.
• Shows commitment to self-development by demonstrated desire to learn new ways of doing business, staying abreast of competitors/industry major initiatives
• Willingness to travel by car and/or air as needed.
1. 10 years of experience in Business Analysis/Process
2. BS/BA degree in related discipline (i.e. Marketing, Business, etc.)
3. Requires strong knowledge of all Microsoft products including Visio and Project.
1. 5 years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects
2. Experience in media or ad sales industry desired
3. Experience with CRM and other Sales Automation systems
4. Experience with Digital Order Management Systems
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.