The Cox Media Senior Marketing Analyst develops front-to-end data driven strategies that align with Cox Media Sales and Marketing’s objectives and programs to attract new customers, grow total advertising spend with existing customers and reduce overall churn though research, analysis and summary of market, sales, product, and other data. Provides expertise on marketplace trends, competitive positioning, research-based sales tools, and performance-based campaign metrics to drive business decisions. Translates sometimes disparate data sets into actionable insights regarding opportunities to connect Cox Media’s solutions with businesses’ marketing objectives.
The position requires a fast pace of work, multiple demands, and high pressure to deliver research results and/or marketing performance analyses to support important, high priority programs and initiatives. Works independently with limited or remote supervision; requires a higher degree of autonomy, proactivity, and initiative than lower-level positions. Results-driven and enjoys looking at situations from multiple perspectives, finding creative solutions to problems that will ultimately drive revenue for the organization – whether through marketing campaigns, digital presence, thought leadership, or customer experience. Requires significant collaboration with others with no formal organizational authority.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Analyzes secondary research data (including quantitative and qualitative) to demonstrate value for Cox Media products and takes initiative to find growth opportunities and recommend solutions based on findings.
• Continually seeks to understand changes to the marketplace (seasonal, industry-specific, disruptions, etc.) and proactively identifies opportunities to inform the master marketing calendar – to support lead/demand generation as well as provide value to Cox Media’s target audience or customers.
• Collaborates with corporate marketing leaders to measure & report on the holistic performance of the entire marketing program, inclusive of advertising, email, direct mail, content marketing, digital presence, and customer experience.
• Applies advanced problem-solving skills to business issues related to secondary research data including methodology, reporting parameters and disparities in data.
• Proactively collaborates with Corporate Research team to perform deep dive analyses into customer segments and identify market opportunities.
• Summarizes and communicates marketing performance results to Corporate Marketing department monthly, focusing on the insights garnered from the data.
• Build and maintain visual data reporting for real-time optimization and campaign summaries. (via Google Data Studio, Tableau, etc.)
• Provides subject matter expertise or support to strategic programs as needed.
• Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of marketing techniques, Cox Media, and competitor services.
• 5 or more years of experience required in related field; 3 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
• External candidates – 4 years’ experience preferred researching and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data in a related field (Internal candidates- 3 years)
• 1 year media research experience
• 2 years’ experience using Microsoft Office applications PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook in a work setting with demonstrated expertise in Excel required.
• Excellent skills in adaptability, building relationships, communicating effectively, functional competence, initiating action, PC skills, producing results, quality orientation, sales opportunity analysis, and written communication, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Management, or a related field.
• 3 years media research experience in a sales-driven organization
• Functionality with Access databases a plus.
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.