Cox Business is more than part of a cable company – we are a technology solutions leader. In addition to offering data network services for businesses, we also consult with companies of all sizes to provide managed network services, managed hosting services and other emerging technology solutions. Our newest offering is Cox Business Cloud Solutions which provides Managed Cloud services to companies of all sizes including but not limited to: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS), Hosted Exchange services, Unified Security Management services, and Microsoft Office 365 services.
As a Senior Account Executive with Cox Business, you will earn a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits. In addition, you’ll have access to training, support, and the chance to qualify for an annual all-expense-paid luxury incentive trip for top performers and their guests. This is an outside sales, new business position for highly motivated, achievement-driven professionals.
If you’re passionate about new technologies, tenacious and willing to go the extra mile for your customers, we want to talk to you!
What you’ll do:
• Within assigned segment, identify new business opportunities via prospecting, cold calling, networking, social media and using marketing analysis tools to market and sell Cox Business products and services
• Meets with prospective and existing customers in person or by conference call to understand their business, to explore mutually beneficial objectives, collect information required to assess their communication needs in detail and estimate the amount of potential new or incremental business the account represents
• Negotiate pricing, products, and promotions with prospective clients
• Meet and exceed sales goals and overall objectives
• Develop and maintain sales plans, forecast data and customer database
• Collaborates with Sales Engineer and Sales Support Team to determine appropriate solutions to meet complex customer needs.
• Identify key decision makers; develops and conducts effective presentations
• In conjunction with the Sales Manager and Corporate Legal, negotiates pricing, service level, and terms/conditions of contracts with customers.
• Attend job-related trainings and participate in internal meetings
• Participate in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local community to network and develop and maintain Cox’s presence; e.g. promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and other local councils.
• 5 or more years of experience required in related field; 3 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
• 3 years’ successful business-to-business outside sales experience preferred with quotas, cold calling
• 1 year telecommunications (telephony, data, wireless, and video) sales experience
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
• 6 months’ work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office
• Excellent skill in adaptability, applied learning, assignment management, building relationships, written communication, expanding and advancing opportunities, formal presentation skills, functional competence, high impact communication, continuous learning, PC skills, reasoning, and sustained customer satisfaction, to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
• BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired
• Knowledge of DaaS, IaaS, DRaaS, O365, SD-WAN
• 5 years’ successful business-to-business outside sales experience with quotas
• 3 years’ successful telecommunications (telephony, data, wireless, and video) sales experience
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.