The Cox Business Solutions Architect (SA) is a strategic technical sales resource who leads the pre-sales technical discovery process with prospective and existing customers. The SA consults with and supports the National Accounts sales team, along with other groups within our general sales organization, in selling complex cloud, managed services, telephony, data, wireless and other advanced network solutions to the largest and most complex prospective and existing business customers. The SA is instrumental in helping the National Account Sales team exceed quota objectives. The selected candidate will have extensive skills and experience in delivering technical consultation and customer presentations and is responsible for understanding and translating customer business requirements into functional and technical requirements.
We are looking for a skilled expert to educate and consult with customers on a wide range of technology options while coordinating technical aspects of implementation with other members of the sales and operations teams as well as Product Management, Network Operations and Engineering.
• Partners with other members of the Sales team and interfaces with customers and vendors to develop proposals and associated technical specifications and respond to RFPs as needed to ensure their technical integrity
• Meets with prospective and existing customers to collect and analyze information required to provide the appropriate Cox Business technology solution
• Leads technical portions of presentations to C-level executives and technical teams.
• Cultivates consulting relationships with customers, forming relationships at multiple levels to provide appropriate solutions and develop future business opportunities
• Works with the Product Development Team to ensure the feasibility of all new/custom products and solutions where applicable. Develops and delivers technical presentations to internal/external groups as needed.
• Coordinates internal technical resources necessary to develop sales proposals and sales presentations, and respond to RFPs (e.g., data ops, equipment vendors) on complex, high-end solutions
• Partners with Cox Business Network Operations, Engineering and other Field and HQ-based Technology resources to ensure that design and specifications meet customer needs and to ensure network availability/serviceability before orders are finalized.
• Works with sales team to ensure their understanding of new products and provides technical feedback to the product team, as appropriate
• Maintains vendor relationships with key suppliers monitoring deliverables and staying abreast of their technological Innovations
• Demonstrates Company's values, maintains a positive open demeanor, encourages different points of view; provides timely information; communicates context for business decisions; fosters teamwork and collaboration
• Attends job-related training to increase industry knowledge
• Up to 50% travel required
• 5 years engineer or sales engineer experience related to Cloud, managed services, IP telephony and data
• 5 or more years of experience required in related field ; 3 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
• Cisco Certified Internet Engineer (CCIE)
• Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture and Design with ability to act autonomously across multiple technology areas, and a demonstrated proficiency of technical solution knowledge across a minimum three of the four Lumen technology pillars (global network infrastructure, edge cloud capabilities, connected security, communication, and collaboration services).
• Excellent presentation skills as well as the ability to build and deliver high-impact presentations to both technical and non-technical executive audiences that articulate the business value of the solution
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
• A proven level of experience in VDI solutions (VMWare, NetScaler, Horizon View and DaaS, RDS)
• BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired
• A proven level of competence with Firewalls and Switches, Windows servers, Active Directory, backup software, Azure AD, and DRaaS
• A proven level of experience with SD-WAN, Wi-Fi, SIP trunking, and network virtualization
• Professional certifications such as Metro Ethernet Carrier Ethernet Certified, Professional 2.0, and SIP School or equivalent and Metro Ethernet SD-WAN Certified Professional or equivalent, MEF-CECP 2.0 certification
• Formal training on public speaking and/or professional presentation techniques
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.