CoxNext is a full-service digital organization offering local, regional and national marketing solutions to solve business challenges. We specialize in building custom, omni-channel based solutions using first/third party data, programmatic display, search, social, OTT and dynamic creative for our advertisers. We believe in providing return on ad spend for our advertisers and have advanced attribution platforms to prove it.
Join a company that provides opportunity, training, and an innovative peer environment. We are looking to expand our team with smart, digital-savvy individuals with an insatiable appetite to learn and make an impact. When joining our team, you will gain experience in multi-platform digital advertising while working for the one of largest privately-owned organizations in the US. You will be part of a growing group of awesomely talented people that work hard.
Nature of Work
The role of Digital Account Strategist is to work in collaboration with the Media Consultants (Account Executives) to protect & grow the digital investments of our existing clients and secure new revenue from high potential non-advertisers. The Digital Account Strategist is responsible for providing their expertise across multiple platforms of digital marketing and aligning digital solutions to the client's overall media strategy. The role effectively manages and maximizes digital campaigns alongside various groups (i.e., Ad Ops, Media Consultants, and clients). The Digital Account Strategist supports the Media Consultants in two key ways. First, the Digital Account Strategist will attend client-facing meetings for key and high potential accounts to uncover client’s marketing goals, then develop, present, & propose digital media strategies & tactics along with the Media Consultant directly to the clients. Secondly, for accounts not identified as key or high potential, the Digital Account Strategist will use the Media Consultant’s information gathered from the client needs assessment to form a comprehensive media strategy for the Media Consultant to then present & propose. This role requires exemplary customer service provided to internal clients in person, via email and phone as well as collaboration with our remote partners. Candidates must be familiar with the functionality of digital platforms and products and be comfortable working in an ever changing, fast paced environment.
This Digital Account Strategist role will support our efforts in maximizing digital revenues.
- Attend client needs assessment meetings with Media Consultants to uncover client’s goals
- Build strategic recommendations (proposals) that align with clients’ goals
- Present digital recommendations (proposals) with Media Consultants to clients for key and high potential accounts
- Complete appropriate insertion order details for all digital campaigns that are sold
- Focus on retention and growth by utilizing our suite of products to ensure ultimate campaign success
- Works closely other members of the Digital Advertising Operations Team to define and communicate digital campaign fulfillment needs
- Partner with other members of the Digital Advertising Operations Team to monitor campaign performances and make assessments.
- Assists in providing training to the Digital team and sales organization as needed, on how to properly sell and leverage our digital products
- Collaborate regularly with Digital Strategist Team to share practices and exchange ideas
- Serves as a critical backup for other members of the Digital Advertising Operations team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 1 years of experience in a digital environment
- High attention to detail
- Proven ability to create long-term client relationships and positive customer experience required
- Deep understanding of paid media strategy development, planning, buying and optimizing
- Strong organizational and process management skills
- High technical aptitude preferred
- Ability to navigate Google Analytics and use it to identify opportunity required. Additional platform certifications such as Google Ads Certification a plus
- Knowledge and experience with digital media
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding computer skills including solid knowledge of Microsoft and Google Suite of Products
- Ability to learn and operate a number of internal computer programs, systems and software
- Knowledge of Google Ad Manager, Naviga, Google Tag Manager and/or Qlik a bonus
- Ability to manage multiple daily tasks
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Self-motivated and ability to work well under pressure
- Strong focus on teamwork and ability to manage relationships across multiple departments
- Results oriented with great attention to detail
- Able to apply creative thinking and exceptional problem solving skills
Who We Are
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.