VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
**This position may be based in several markets. Please see the job locations for additional details.**
Cox Business, part of the Cox Communications family, is a leading provider of technology solutions in markets across the US. Our product portfolio includes managed network and hosting services, cloud infrastructure, Internet, voice, TV, and other emerging technology solutions. We strive to create an environment that nurtures personal development and the opportunity to build on your talents, and we embrace a diverse workforce and the unique skills that come from a variety of people and perspectives.
Cox Business is currently hiring for a National Account Manager to manage Cox’s relationship with its national customers, grow revenue, and ensure a positive customer experience.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Oversees national relationships with assigned customers, identifying opportunities to maintain and grow revenue.
- Defines the account strategy for all national customers, and collaborates with the broader team to execute plans and tactics.
- Works with the national account’s IT staff to understand their internal processes and tools and subsequently ensure that Cox’s processes are in synch and that all fiber-lit building and interconnect information is properly interpreted and incorporated.
- Meets periodically with customers, developing and delivering presentations as needed to review Cox network performance and/or uncover new sales opportunities.
- Serves as primary contact for all customer pricing requests, partnering with leaders in the various Cox markets to ensure turnaround of responses in a timely manner.
- Uncovers and cultivates new sales opportunities both with assigned customers and with prospective new customers, generating proposals and collecting pricing and implementation details from the leaders in the various Cox markets and delivering it to the customer.
- Negotiates contracts and pricing with customers in conjunction with Cox legal.
- Manages multiple-market implementation projects, ensuring that project managers in each Cox market are responsive to customer requests and that implementations stay on schedule.
- Participates in internal meetings to communicate the status of customer relationships, sales opportunities and activities, implementations, problems, and keep up-to-date with information about Cox.
- Identifies existing at-risk revenue and determines the appropriate course of action needed (i.e. renewals) to protect it.
- Serves as an escalation point for assigned customers for activities installation activities and issues.
- Serves as an escalation point for activities governed by the National Service Manager: (ensuring timely resolution of outages, that post-incident reports are assembled and promptly reviewed with customers, and that root causes of outages are identified and appropriate steps taken to resolve and prevent their recurrence).
- Compiles network inventory, performance, or billing data to share with customers as requested.
- Prepares expense reports as needed.
- Ensures that both Cox and customer operational contacts (provisioning, maintenance, etc.) are kept up-to-date and that the information is shared between each.
- Supports the National Accounts Sales Team as needed in negotiating billing disputes.
- Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of Cox and competitor services. Remains current on Cox products and services, customer terminating equipment, networking, consultative selling techniques, and sales skills; attends strategic and/or development meetings with local and national sales teams.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- 8 or more years of experience required in business-to-business sales or account management experience OR 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- Requires strong knowledge of competition in ILEC, CLEC, Wireless, VAR/PBX, and Aggregator industries.
- 5 years of telephony and data transport experience
- Excellent sales, matrix management, interpersonal, collaborative, self-starter, presentation, and leadership skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
- Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time to prepare; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.