VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
THIS ROLE PROVIDES A FLEXIBLE WORK FROM HOME SCHEDULE.
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection, not only with our products and services, but also with our career opportunities. Come connect with us and let’s build a better future together.
Cox Communications is seeking a Senior Internal Controls Analyst to assess and monitor technology risks to Cox Communications operations and financial statements. Gather assurance and evidence that identified IT risks are appropriately defined and mitigating IT controls are operating effectively. Coordinate with other risk related groups to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of financial systems and compliance with regulatory requirements. The Senior Internal Controls Analysts will drive business ownership of internal IT controls.
This role will report into a Senior Manager of IT Internal Controls and Governance.
- Lead internal IT control assessments and monitor methodologies to validate the presence and effectiveness of key IT controls and ensure compliance with the Company’s risk & controls matrix, COSO, and internal policies & procedures.
- Lead and/or participate on multiple projects simultaneously ensuring each engagement is conducted in an efficient and effective manner.
- Define and identify control gaps and provide recommendations (remediation / mitigation) for control process improvements.
- Identify and evaluate changes resulting from control design certifications to include internal controls documentation and remediation, and partner with business cycle and process owners to implement effective solutions.
- Perform process & internal controls walkthroughs to clearly identify/validate controls.
- Responsible for the maintenance and preparation of detailed and accurate documentation, including narratives, control descriptions, risk & control matrices, process flowcharts, and management responses & remediation.
- Monitor internal controls design certifications, narratives, and control testing, communicate status to control owners, and determine need for escalations.
- Assist internal customers with troubleshooting & resolution of system issues/problems related to ICG tools.
- Support system implementations or changes to ensure adequate controls are incorporated, change control guidelines are followed, and process changes are documented.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- 5+ years of experience in IT Audit (external/internal), IT controls compliance, SOX compliance or a combination of relevant experience; 3+ years of experience with a related advanced degree.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation skills needed to work effectively with teams throughout the organization.
- Critical decision making is required for project focus, approach, recommendations, and communications.
- BA/BS in related field preferred (IS Management, Accounting, Internal Audit, etc.)
- Professional certifications (e.g., CISSP, CIA, CISA, CPA, Six Sigma, etc.) advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle and AuditBoard preferred.
- Cable/Telecommunication industry experience preferred.
- A strong understanding of common industry standards (ISO 27001/27002, COBIT, PCI-DSS, SOC Framework, NIST, HIPAA, etc.)
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.