The Cox Business Inside Retention Representative (Retail) retains valuable small to medium business customers for Cox Business by minimizing controllable churn and capturing upselling opportunities. Manages the base of revenue by proactively contacting customers within 3-6 months of contract expiration for renewal and upsell. Responds to calls from existing customers and prevents them from disconnecting services. Sells non-complex bundled telephony, data, wireless, and video products and features as an up-sell to current customers.
Works independently with little supervision. Spends the majority of work time talking on the telephone with customers. Handles calls from dissatisfied customers. Limited physical mobility; sit at their positions and take or make calls. The pace of work fluctuates. Individual success is dependent on high degree of internal collaboration and development of internal relationships required to resolve customer problems. Meets or exceeds corporate/regional sales goals in a goal-driven, sales organization. There is pressure to grow revenue quickly to achieve corporate revenue goals. Work involves multitasking and handling multiple tasks simultaneously: listening, answering questions, viewing multiple windows and order entry. Work is structured, measured and monitored.
Works seated at a desk in front of a computer and on the phone the majority of the time. Works in a cubicle at a desk in Cox offices. In clean, heated and cooled, well lit, and fairly quiet except for the sound of one-sided conversations with customers and consultation between staff members.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Answers inbound customer controllable disconnect calls, and controllable disconnect calls escalated from residential call center departments. Engages in save activities on requests for disconnection, by resolving problems or offering incentives, credit, and other offers.
• Makes outbound follow-up calls to customers to inform them of customer referral program.
• Makes outbound follow-up calls to customers to inform them of new products/services or upsell them on enhanced packages.
• Manages the base of revenue by proactively contacts customers 3-6 months of contract expire for renewal and upsell.
• Listens to and questions customers in order to understand their businesses’ communication needs, troubleshoot and resolve sources of service, pricing and technical problems.
• Works with Sales Engineer (or Data Sales Engineer) and/or Sales Support Team to determine appropriate solutions and address any issues regarding installation or service.
• Refers complex problems to other departments for resolution.
• Makes win back offers of credits, free repairs, and discounts according to company guidelines.
• Negotiates penalties with clients to obtain at least the company specified minimum penalty payment.
• Up-sells bundled telephony, data, wireless, and video, as well as other Cox Business products to current customers.
• Develops proposals and presentations for add-on products/services purchased by previously acquired CB customers.
• Negotiates pricing, products, promotions, and terms/conditions with clients.
• Ensures product pricing reflects pricing structures set at the corporate level.
• Determines serviceability of client location and whether construction is required; if so, obtains construction estimate and uses market’s software to test IRR of proposed services.
• Performs any necessary calculations pertaining to fees, time periods, pro-rations, or competitive pricing comparisons.
• Educates customers in the use of installed products, service offerings, billing, charges, and product features.
• Works with Sales Support Administration to complete sales orders.
• Tracks orders and serves as a point of contact for client throughout sales and installation process. Keeps customers informed of installation progress and problems.
• Maintains client satisfaction throughout the sales cycle.
• Updates OPTIX (sales funnel/order generation) with all required customer information in a timely fashion.
• Provides customer intelligence and feedback to Marketing department.
• Produces win/loss reports for the Sales Manager.
• Performs ROI assessment to determine if a sale is profitable, and forwards as appropriate, to Manager of Inside for approval.
• Remains current on technical information regarding Cox Business’s services/solutions, including telephony, data, wireless, and video services and offerings, Customer Premises Equipment (CPE), networking, consultation, negotiation and sales skills through completion of required/recommended training program.
• Spends the majority of work time talking on the telephone with customers. Handles calls from dissatisfied customers. Limited physical mobility; sit at their positions and take or make calls.
• Individual success is dependent on high degree of internal collaboration and development of internal relationships required to resolve customer problems.
• Work involves multitasking and handling multiple tasks simultaneously: listening, answering questions, viewing multiple windows and order entry.
• Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
• HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
• 2 or more year of experience preferred in related field
• Requires 6 months experience using a computer in a work or non-work setting
• Excellent skill in adaptability, applied learning, customer service orientation, expanding and advancing sales opportunities, high impact communication, multi-tasking, negotiation, PC skill, quality orientation, reasoning, sales aptitude, and tolerance for a structured wrok environment in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
• AS/AA or Technical Certification in related discipline strongly desired
• 1 year business-to-business sales experience (inside or outside), with quotas
• 1 year experience selling by telephone
• 6 months experience in the communications industry or at a major communications equipment vendor
• Knowledge of local telecom market, local contacts
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.