VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, this is a temporary work-from-home role but will ultimately work in Atlanta GA.
We’re seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Cox Automotive Digital Retailing team in Atlanta, GA.
The Digital Retailing team builds the automotive digital retailing solution – enabling consumers to start their purchase online making it possible for dealers to sell more cars, faster. It’s a solution that spans all of our consumer-facing platforms: Autotrader, KBB, and Dealer.com websites. This is an exciting time for us as we develop the leading solution for the industry.
- Actively participate in agile team activities such as providing input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning for solutions
- Participate in ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
- Provide mentorship to the team
- Actively participate in the engineering community, staying up to date on new web development technologies and best practices, and shares insights with others in the organization
- Collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines to define technology objectives, assess solution options, and devise architectural solutions that both achieve strategic business goals and meet operational requirements.
- Take part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
- Cultivate our culture of sharing ideas, practices, and solutions
Minimum Skills & Experience:
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)5-8 years of working experience designing and building web applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and up to 5+ years experience OR MS up to 2+ years experience OR 9 years experience of equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 2+ years of backend experience using technologies such as Node, Java, or C#
- Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
- Working in continuous integration, testing, and delivery SDLC employing automation
- Ability to understand and work with product teams to engineer requirements
- Experience with REST API
- Technical writing including high and low-level diagramming techniques
What We Look For:
- Exposure to Agile/SAFE methodologies
- Experience with creating applications to run on AWS
- Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements
- Ability to turn high-level requirements into a working system through iterative development
- Willingness to embrace and learn new technologies
- Great understanding of the internet, systems, web technologies, and web service architectures
- High energy, confident, ambitious, and self-motivated individual
- Must be an effective communication
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.