Cox Media is looking for a Senior Solutions Architect to be a core member of the Cox Media Technology team. In this role, you will be responsible for the development of the end-to-end conceptual architectural design for large-scale strategic initiatives while ensuring architectural and ecosystem alignment throughout the platform/application development lifecycle. In the role, you will be involved with projects from concept phase to completion. You will partner with the Engineering, Development, QA, Process, Product, and Operations teams in defining and grooming Business Requirements, ensuring that the defined architecture, solutions design, and product offering meet the business’ goals while also maintaining alignment with design standards and strategic architectural cohesiveness. The Solutions Architect will collaborate with business stakeholders to decide which cutting-edge technologies to use while working closely with platform and application developers/engineers to support successful implementation and end-to-end integration. The Solutions Architect will be responsible for knowledge sharing and preparing technical operations to support changes to the Advertising Ecosystem that aligns with our AWS Data Lake Strategy.
• Defines architectural solutions in alignment with the Cox Media reference architecture, in partnership with Cox Media Application Development, Network and Engineering, Process, Product, Operations, Security, and PMO groups.
• Serves on Solution Design teams throughout the analysis, design, and build phases to ensure consistent, holistic end-to-end architectures and designs are being delivered and align with the organization’s technology strategy leveraging Cloud Solutions/ AWS data frameworks.
• Facilitates and leads discussions across functional groups and key stakeholders to identify and validate optimal program solution strategy, supporting initiatives, and key deliverables.
• Architecture design could include but is not limited to SaaS, PaaS solutions, on-premise and cloud platforms, API integrations, big data AWS solutions, analytics, workflows, automation, and artificial intelligence (Smart Systems).
• Creates initial concept architectural design based on initial high-level requirements.
• Assists as requested with design issues that might drive architectural changes.
• Performs security audits for all of CMI’s core applications to ensure compliance with corporate standards.
• Has responsibility for validation of all upgrades, updates, and SOWs that affect CMI’s core applications.
• Is the recognized subject matter expert and industry expert. Focus is on problems that have a direct effect on major business and program ramifications.
• Is routinely called upon to apply/demonstrate mastery of existing and emerging technologies, practices, and processes.
• Initiates and manages engagements with external vendors and internal organizations within Cox Communications boundary teams.
• Takes the lead role in representing Cox Media's interest with existing and potential vendors supporting the future technology roadmap and enhancements to the existing applications within our Product offering.
• Provides feedback and recommendation to stakeholders to update, enhance or expedite future-state capabilities and resolve business gaps based on information discovered during project and change management activities.
• 6 years+ experience as a practicing architect in full development life cycle and significant experience in delivering applications and architecture services in a production environment.
• 3+ years of experience required in Advertising Systems (Linear and Digital Advertising Platforms) desired.
• 2+ years of experience with architecting and engineering across premise and clouds solutions (i.e. CRM Salesforce).
• Demonstration of a solid understanding of data workflow design and integration capabilities with on-premise and AWS cloud-based solutions.
• Excellent communication, consultation, organization, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaboration skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization.
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e., Engineering, Computer Science, etc.)
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.