Are you driven to succeed and looking to work for the best in the business? Cox Media sells the most innovative digital media and TV advertising solutions in the marketplace. Our robust portfolio of in-demand advertising solutions means you’ll connect advertisers to today’s top sports, entertainment and information networks on cable television. "Anyone, anywhere, any screen" is at the center of every advertising plan with Cox Media, and the foundation of our history of success.
To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, Cox offers:
· Competitive base with uncapped earning potential!
· Winners Circle and other awards – we celebrate success!
· Career advancement across more than 300 businesses in the Cox Enterprises portfolio
· Work-life balance, including generous time off policies
· Tuition reimbursement
· FREE Internet and other Cox discounted services (in applicable markets)
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day
· 401(K) with generous company match
· Mentoring and training programs
· Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
The Senior Manager-Marketing & Client Solutions sets strategic direction and leads a team of marketing, analytical and creative professionals in a single market or regional operation and less than $30M in annual revenue. Creates partnerships with sales and sales services teams to increase share of total advertising spend with existing clients, reduce client churn and generate new business. Champions and ensures a “tiered services” approach to departmental resource management and developing customized solutions. Contributes strategic direction at all stages of the sales process.
The position works in an office setting with customer visits. May provide remote leadership to employees in different locations, and dependent on the local market structure, could managing multiple managers and supervisors. The role is part of a budget-driven; pressure to meet ambitious revenue goals; and will involve people management and complexity. Use of personal or company car to travel occasionally to customers’ locations within the system is an expectation of the role. May occasionally participate in on- and off-site client and Cox Media activities which may occur outside regular business hours.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Essential functions of the role include leadership, strategic and tactical planning, collaboration, communication, administration, and self-development.
Primary responsibilities within these functions include:
• Develops a professional marketing culture in which employees provide market strategy and execution, positively represent Cox Media to all constituents, and reinforce the Cox culture. Serves as a role model for the marketing team in all aspects of the business. Balances the urgency of meeting budget goals with focus on team success.
• Sets direction for and leads the Marketing and Client Solutions and Production teams to achieve the organization’s financial objectives.
• Analyzes the productivity of the Marketing and Client Solutions organization and recommends adjustments to staffing, performance targets and resources in order to maximize results.
• Conducts reviews of direct reports to ensure performance standards are met and, if not, takes immediate action to improve performance level.
• Hires Production managers, supervisors and individual contributors with the abilities required to lead the achievement of business goals.
• Coaches, develops Production managers, supervisors and individual contributors to continuously improve individual expertise and team performance and capability.
• Collaborates with local Human Resource coordinator and Cox Media Atlanta to ensure the personnel and training needs of the teams are met.
• Act as subject matter expert on all Cox Media products, their benefits, and how to demonstrate their impact to various marketing needs.
• Assesses Cox Media’s local, regional, and national advertising sales business to identify opportunities within the market and apply those to strategic marketing initiative development that supports goals of the business.
• Develops and implements an annual marketing plan to ensure that strategic initiatives are created to achieve the operation’s budgeted revenue.
• Directs the development of client segmentation, retention and tiered services strategies, packages, promotions, and programs.
• Oversees the planning and execution of client and internal events.
• Champions company-wide initiatives and directs successful implementation in markets of responsibility.
• Attends strategic client meetings to understand client needs and present Cox Media solution.
• Continually assesses departmental and related cross-functional processes to determine and initiate direction for optimization opportunities across departments/divisions within Cox Media, Cox Media corporate, CCI residential and business, CEI, and with other Cox Media markets.
• Collaborates with Sales, Sales Services and Shared Services to build strategy for targeted lead/demand generation and ad solicitation campaigns to support client acquisition and new business development.
• Meets regularly with Sales leadership to strategize on growing key pieces of business.
• Collaborates with Sales leadership and Inventory to build strategy around product pricing and programming/packaging opportunities to maximize revenue and drive AUR.
• Oversees relationships with cable networks and other partners with an eye toward optimizing opportunities related to tune-in, promotions, incentives, training, and programming information.
• Directs the development and implementation of multi-level client feedback loop that informs our business from our client’s perspective. Recommends and coordinates implementation of solutions with various Cox organizations.
• Serves as a liaison between the local market and Cox Media corporate marketing group ensuring each group is informed of most recent developments.
• Leads department meetings to communicate progress toward sales goals and changes in direction, products, policies, expectations, processes, and standards.
• Creates and participates in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local community in order to network and develop and maintain Cox’s presence; e.g., promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and other local councils.
• Directs the development of appropriate tracking metrics and monitors the performance of the Marketing and Client Solutions organization.
• Reviews and directs the development/revision of programs, policies, reports, invoices and payments as required.
• Manages departmental budgets and controls expenses while meeting or exceeding revenue goals and maximizing product margin.
• Remains current on marketing and technical information regarding advertising and marketing trends, Cox Media products and other required or recommended training programs.
• 7 or more years of experience required in related field; 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
• 2 years work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
• Excellent skills in builds organizational talent, coaches and develops, cultivates networks, demonstrates business acumen, establishes strategic direction, functional competence, high impact communication, inspires innovation, leads change, continuous learning, PC skills, and promotes accountability, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Management)
• 10 years successful marketing or experience in related field
• 5 years successful experience in management demonstrating progressive leadership responsibilities
• 3 years experience managing Marketing Managers
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.