Sometimes opportunity doesn’t knock, it rings. There’s a customer calling who wants a better solution. You’re the kind of person who loves being on the other end of that call. We’re Cox Business, part of the Cox Communications family, and we’re all about owning every moment to provide high-quality service and support our customers deserve.
Cox Business offers fast, reliable, leading-edge technology that helps our clients stay connected and productive. Our Inside Retention Representatives have a passion for providing an exceptional customer experience for our most valued small-to-medium business customers and identifying opportunities to upsell and grow new business. We’re on a quest for someone whose work as a sales consultant can help us keep our customers confident in having selected us to provide their technology needs.
If this sounds like you, keep reading to find out more!
What You’ll Do
You’ll serve as a powerfully potent problem solver, using your personal brand of brilliance to retain customers who are seeking to disconnect or cancel. One way to be successful is by being super responsive to customer inquiries and concerns, while making sure to mention all of promotional incentives, potential cost savings and other offers. Here are a few things that you’ll do day to day:
- Engage with clients to understand their technology needs, troubleshoot and resolve sources of service, pricing, or technical problems, review pricing options and share customer feedback to management when needed.
- Handle challenging customer situations and escalations to provide complete resolution.
- Be the primary point of contact for customers for all phases of the retention and sales process, including preparation of service proposal, contract signature, order entry and scheduling of install and follow up.
- Determine serviceability and perform any necessary calculations pertaining to fees, time periods, pro-rations, penalties, cost analysis, competitive pricing comparisons and provide other reporting.
- Conduct marketing campaigns which include proactive outbound calling and emails to existing and prospective customers.
- Identify and develop additional sources of new business through referrals, networking and social media.
- Utilize a CRM to capture, accurate and complete information, track orders and follow up as needed.
- Attend required sales and product trainings and stay current on Cox Business services/solutions.
What’s In It For You?
At Cox Business, we reward your hard work with meaningful benefits.
- First, we offer a highly competitive compensation package (base salary + excellent commission plan rewarding strong performance), 401(k) with a generous company match, comprehensive healthcare, life, and disability benefits, plus numerous other benefits, including adoption assistance, pet insurance, and discounts on travel and cars!
- We value people more than technology. That means you’ll work within a culture and with a team that values your leadership, your experience, your contributions, and you – yes, you – as a person. We believe recognition is important, and Cox Business strives to celebrate those who help make us successful every day. We also encourage diversity and support inclusion; we want you to do you and feel comfortable doing so.
- We also offer boundless opportunities for growth; you can sharpen your skills, learn a new talent, join a mentoring program, even earn an advanced degree. You’ll find the potential for lateral or upward career growth within the Cox family businesses, including the innovative startups in transportation mobility, clean tech and more.
Who You Are
You’re someone who anticipates customers’ needs so you not only offer them what they need now, but also what they’ll need next. But your idea of being a “retention machine” isn’t about keeping business, it’s about listening and giving a customer the solution that works best for them. People tell you you’re a great listener, and you bring that rare gift into your workplace, leading to a remarkable response reflex.
- High school diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- 2+ years’ experience in related field (sales/sales support/customer service)
- Ability to meet and exceed monthly sales goals of new revenue and retention/renewal
- Ability to multitask and balance incoming customer inquiries with proactive sales activities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 year business-to-business sales experience (inside or outside), with quotas
- 1 year experience selling by telephone
- 6 months experience in the communications industry or at a major communications equipment vendor
- Knowledge of local telecom market with local contacts
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.