THIS POSITION IS ON GREENWICH MEAN TIME ZONE HOURS
Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
The Support Technician provisions and maintains team member and contractor computing devices (e.g. desktops, laptops, tablets, and peripheral devices such as printers, scanners, fax and copy equipment). The Desktop Support Analyst installs and troubleshoots hardware, software, network and audio-visual technologies, escalating to the responsible area with accurate information, and providing technical guidance and oversight. The Support Technician exhibits excellent customer service and communication skills in all interactions.
- Responds to service requests regarding the installation of hardware and software for team member and contractor computing devices.
- Carries out the hardware procurement process.
- Delivers, installs, relocates, and disposes of hardware.
- Provides basic user training on equipment.
- Maintains documentation of assets in configuration and asset management systems.
- Performs team member support, troubleshooting, and resolution of hardware and software issues for desktops, laptops, tablets, mobility, audio-visual equipment, and peripheral devices.
- Performs research and develops solutions for hardware and software issues.
- Updates incident records and knowledge base with appropriate and timely information.
- Resolves incidents within established SLAs.
- Problem Management
- Recommends solutions, resolves problems associated with incidents, and updates problem records.
- Conducts root cause analysis.
- Works with engineering teams in the problem resolution process.
- Follows prescribed processes.
- Provides team members with regular progress updates.
- Understands and adheres to team SLAs.
- Exhibits excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Provides an awesome team member experience.
- Hourly pay rate is $20.87 – 29.18/hour. The hourly rate may vary outside of the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience.
- Position is eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
Windows 7 – 10 or Mac OSX
Mobile OS (iOS or Android)
Basic networking (TCP/IP)
Microsoft Office Suite
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.