Cox Communications is looking for a recent graduate Analytics Engineer to join the Analytics Center of Excellence team. This role will be responsible for developing actionable insights and building advanced analytics solutions for Cox Communications' lines of businesses. The Analytics Engineer is required to have strong development, systems, and problem-solving skills to enable data-driven decision making. This position also requires the ability to work both independently and on a diverse team on all analytical projects, from data preparation and cleaning to formulating solutions, implementation, visualization and presentation of findings to stakeholders.
- Identify, research, interpret, catalog, source, manipulate, and enrich Cox Communications' structured and unstructured data assets to facilitate effective analytics.
- Use foundational data science methodologies to identify relationships/drivers of key metrics to improve customer experience, network performance, proactive labor routing, quality of service or operating cost.
- Build and maintain processes and functionalities for analytics solution needs.
- Prepare documentation and visualizations.
- Test new technologies, tools, and data.
- Keep up-to-date on new technologies, standards and practices.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Familiarity with SQL and Python, or functionally similar programming languages.
- Familiarity with database technology such as Oracle, Hadoop/EMR, etc. Experience in cloud based data environments is preferred
- Familiarity with Tableau, or functionally similar visualization tools.
- Understanding of the mathematical and computational concepts behind advanced analytics algorithms and/or statistical analysis
- Strong communication skills. Ability to successfully comprehend and communicate business insights. Ability to work in a diverse team
- Graduate degree in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Analytics, Engineering or closely related field.
- 1-2 years prior experience in one of the above mentioned fields
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.