Cox Business is more than part of a cable company – we are a technology solutions leader. In addition to offering data network services for businesses, we also consult with companies of all sizes to provide managed network services, cloud infrastructure, managed hosting services, and other emerging technology solutions.
Cox Business currently has an opportunity for career-minded technical professionals! We’re looking for a Manager of Sales Engineering to support our growing sales organization and product set. The Manager, Sales Engineering is responsible for leading and motivating a team of technical sales professionals to meet or exceed sales and install goals. The individual in this role will provide support and coaching to their staff to meet customers’ current and emerging communications needs. This will include supporting the sales acquisition of new customers and increasing account penetration of the existing customer base by delivering innovative technical designs. Target customers include small, medium, and large businesses, including educational, government, carrier, and national accounts. May also support other specific market verticals (such as hospitality).
- Hires, develops, manages, and trains a high-performing team of technology professionals. Motivates and coaches staff to achieve department and company goals.
- Develops and ensures attainment of new sales and margin growth for strategic accounts by increasing revenue to meet or exceed market share objectives on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Coordinates and directs the preparation and presentation of technical proposals to customers and provides leadership and technical guidance to staff.
- Provides technical guidance to Sales Engineers as well as internal and external customers as needed in the development and implementation of technical customer solutions
- Develops team strategy, forecasting, reporting, analysis, financial forecasting, and administration of sales channel. Assigns territories, customer sales opportunities, and sales goals to technical sales professionals.
- Accompanies outside Account Executives on sales visits as needed as well as determines customer requirements, develops proposals, and executes technical presentations; Reviews proposals created by Account Execs to provide necessary input.
- Ensures Building Access Agreements are negotiated and maintained.
- Understands the core network and communicates network changes to the sales team.
- Remains current on technical information regarding Cox's telephony, data, and video products and offerings, as well as CPE, networking, and consultative sales skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline
- Generally, 7+ years experience in a related field
- Certification is required in some areas or advanced degree and generally 5+ years’ experience in a related field
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- Must have demonstrated the ability to communicate, influence, and build relationships with C-level executives
- Technical knowledge of product life-cycle (from engineering through operations)
- Operational understanding of telecommunications ordering, provisioning, and billing processes
- Cisco certification (CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, etc.)
- Understanding of data, video, voice, converged-networks, and managed services, including cloud services
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.