VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Leads the strategy, roadmap, and development for all aspects of cox.com both for Residential focused site and Cox Businesss. Recognized subject matter expert on user experience and design, with a passion for understanding consumer needs and experiences to design a seamless digital experience. Models passion and drive for change and/or enhancements to satisfy customer needs and optimize user experience through product innovation and/or improvements to internal organization, processes and technology. Synthesizes information to determine both current and future (years in advance) customer needs. Influence budget planning decisions and commits resources to address/balance customer needs. Negotiates critical and controversial issues with top level technical and operational staff and senior leadership on ideas and solutions that impact industry and/or corporate results. Directs overall UX roadmap requiring multiple year plans. Develops, or provides guidance to develop, innovative solutions to highly complex and/or emerging technologies. Provides influence and leadership to cross-functional teams and other stakeholders on ideas and solutions that impact industry and/or corporate results. Provides mentorship and guidance to team members and associates.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Accountable for the completion of user experience projects and achievement of business objectives through planning, budgeting, resourcing, and monitoring accuracy of work, etc. Ensures success through adequate resourcing of initiatives.
- Manage and review allocated budgets and actual spend for user experience activities and make adjustments to budgets and forecasts as necessary for success.
- Serves as champion for user experience to obtain necessary executive sponsorship. Directly and indirectly influences others to garner needed resources and support. Evolves site design through thought leadership in digital design and UX to align with objectives for user experience.
- Oversees the identification of user expectations and unmet needs in order to address gaps and enhance user experience. Increase Design Maturity level throughout Digital and CCI by improving upon unmet needs. Establish Cox as industry leader in Digital Design, UX and CX.
- Directs and develops overall governance framework and establishes guidance on digital properties – web, app, digital video (YouTube), digital signage, email, social, display media. Identifies efficiencies in production. Establish and maintain workflows, digital styles and tools (Sketch, InVision – DSM). Own design systems and UX site wide for both Cox Business and Residential (full end to end experience)
- Reviews and finalizes documented cox.com vision to ensure alignment with consumer needs, market and competitive trends and corporate strategy.
- Directs and develops the strategy of user experience efforts; translates strategy into user experience objectives. Provides oversight in the development of user experience framework(s) that define the product value proposition to support product and services roadmap investments.
- Direct the prioritization of product improvements and necessary resources across the product portfolio to optimize user experience and strengthen organizational objectives. Manages work intake and resources to include – FTE’s, contractors, and agencies. Ensures projects are staffed for successful completion.
- Directs the optimization of operational practices and procedures to drive efficiencies for the group across different efforts.
- Creates strong partnerships with internal and external boundary partners. Interfaces with front end tech teams to maintain design system integrity (Cox Residential and Business front-end tech teams). Identifies and creates tighter linkages to branding and marketing, CX, Public Affairs and other design centers throughout the company. Facilitates communication amongst relevant stakeholders to maintain alignment and awareness of current state of the experience and vision.
- Develops testing concepts, prototypes to vet potential UX and design directions.
- Monitors developments within the industry, vendor community and technology trends and considers these in light of product roadmaps. Serves as Cox representative and spokesperson at industry events.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- 10 or more years of experience required in related field (e.g. User Experience, Design, UX Strategy etc.)
- 7 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- Demonstrate strong technical and subject matter expertise.
- Technically savvy enough to understand impacts of design decisions on performance, user experience, business KPI’s, SEO, accessibility and functional limitations of our existing toolset (CMS, web applications)
- Passionate about continuous improvement of our customer experience; strong advocate for understanding our consumers and their experiences
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (e.g. Graphic Arts, Fine Arts, Computer Science, etc.)
- Experience in telecommunications or high-tech environment
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.