As the Content Strategist Senior Manager, you will be responsible for developing and coordinating content to support our broader SEO strategy and tactics as part of the Digital Marketing & Sales organization. You will work closely with web analytics, user experience, technology and editorial resources to provide recommendations based on keyword research and SEO analysis, that inform website copy, site design, and editorial content optimization & strategy. You will partner with our various internal stakeholders so that they are aware and informed of how decisions relative to branding, legal, and product impact our ability to create content and deliver against our SEO targets.
You will help write and generate content as well as review and provide feedback on content generated by outside groups and agencies. You will be responsible for ensuring all our content has the necessary approvals to be published on cox.com. You will provide insight and guidance on how best to tackle content on platforms outside of cox.com (YouTube, podcasts, social media).
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Collaborate on the creative and optimization process for content and website pages working with our product, legal and web production teams to build messaging and imagery that resonate with our customers and drive our digital and company KPI’s
- Lead the strategy and execution for SEO digital content across digital platforms
- Translate and articulate SEO strategy and tell stories with data
- Lead content and campaigns from the keyword planning stage, to being fully published, optimized and tracked
- Develop processes and standards to support SEO content intake, planning, and production
- Partner and work with external marketing agencies and firms to maximize efficiencies in supporting our SEO and digital content strategy
- Write clear and engaging content for distribution across all marketing channels while optimizing for clicks (keywords, engagement, link backs, etc)
- Develop digital content that answers the questions and needs of our customers while also understanding the role of SERPs today and how we prepare ourselves for rankings tomorrow
- Skills and Qualifications
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- 7 or more years of experience required in related field (e.g. Journalism, Technical Writing, Copywriting, etc.)
- 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- Demonstrate strong technical and subject matter expertise.
- Strategy and execution for SEO digital content across digital platforms
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (e.g. English, Journalism, Technical Wirting, etc.)
- Experience in telecommunications or high-tech environment
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.