Cox Business is more than part of a cable company – we are a technology solutions leader. In addition to offering data network services for businesses, we also consult with companies of all sizes to provide managed network services, cloud infrastructure, managed hosting services, and other emerging technology solutions.
We are looking for an administrative support person with a customer-centric focus who has a passion for working with a highly energized Sales Engineering team. In this position you will provide administrative and technical support which assists the Sales Engineering team in designing and developing cost-effective technology solutions to meet the evolving needs of our current and prospective Cox Business clients.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Provides a variety of technical, data entry and administrative support duties for the Cox Business Sales Engineering team:
- Verify documented technical requirements of commercial customers.
- Create Sales Engineering Job Packages and detailed Scopes of Work for commercial installations.
- Provide administrative support to Sales Engineering.
- Provide ad hoc reporting.
- Work closely with cross-functional groups
- Interface with customers and their vendors.
- Maintains, updates, or creates databases and/or database information.
- Prepares presentations, reports, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Codes, compiles, and files correspondences, records, documents, and reports according to an established system.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience.
- 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Must be highly organized, efficient and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Requires excellent time management skills to meet product workflow step deadlines.
- Proficient with Office 365 programs such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Some work experience or education related to telecommunications or cloud computing environments.
- Experience communicating directly with business customers.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.