The Planning Analyst will be a pivotal member of our Solution Delivery team, directly supporting Capacity Management and Delivery Enablement strategy and processes for Cox Enterprises’ Integrated Business Technology organization. The Planning Analyst will work with the team to enable effective resource capacity planning and demand management and to drive continuous improvement practices. In this role, they will exercise their abilities to analyze and integrate data from multiple sources, perform ad-hoc analysis and standard reporting requests, and develop and deliver metrics and dashboards for wide audiences. They will also be responsible for providing administrative support and excellent customer service for the primary tools utilized in time tracking, resource planning, budget management, and project management within the department. The successful Planning Analyst will demonstrate excellent time management and problem-solving skills, as well as work effectively both independently and in a highly collaborative team atmosphere.
- Become highly proficient with tools, processes, and activities related to capacity management, demand management, budget management, and project management
- Act as a data steward for project and resource data, ensuring we have current, complete, and accurate information needed to support our strategy and processes
- Monitor and review capacity and demand data, perform ad-hoc data analysis, interpret, and communicate trends, anomalies, risks, and opportunities
- Design, develop, and implement standard reporting requests, analytical tools, metrics and KPIs, bringing together data from multiple sources in reports and dashboards
- Provide Level 1 and Level 2 support and basic administrative duties on tools used across the department
- Attend and actively contribute to meetings, providing updates and raising risks and concerns, as necessary
- Build and maintain relationships with team members, project managers, resource managers, portfolio leaders, and other internal stakeholders
- Demonstrate creative and innovative thinking and maintain a focus on continuous improvement
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Finance, or relevant work experience
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Understanding of general project management principles including resource capacity planning and project financials
- Advanced Excel (or other spreadsheet software) skills
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills and have working experience in designing, building, and delivering reports and analyses to stakeholders
- Excellent teamwork, communication (verbal and written), presentation, time management, and customer service skills
- Demonstrated experience in effective customer management
- Experience with business support software applications such as Microsoft 365 / Office (Teams, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio)
- Professional experience in a Business Analyst, Data Analyst, or Project Management role
- Experience with Smartsheet
- Experience with Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tools
- General knowledge and experience with project delivery, including agile practices and agile teams
- Project Management Institute Certification
Who We Are
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.