VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
The Director, Product Management within Inventory Software Solutions (ISS) will support the KBB Instant Cash Offer (ICO) and vAuto brands within Cox Automotive. The candidate is responsible for partnering with product leaders, business leaders, technology leaders, and other stakeholders to lead and champion the development of new and existing products that delight clients, meet strategic and financial business objectives, and continue to position the ISS products to thrive and win in the market over time. KBB ICO and vAuto products provide data and insights to both dealers and consumers that help them acquire and sell vehicles in digital and traditional marketplaces.
The ideal candidate will bring a balanced mix of people leadership skills, strategic thinking skills, diverse communication skills, innovation, product management and product delivery skills.
The individual will not only lead the Product Managers, Product Owners and UX experts that support existing products but also is responsible for the innovation and growth of Cox Automotive Solutions & the ISS product portfolio.
This person will partner with the Engineering, Product, and Business Leaders to identify and implement process improvements to enhance our product suite, and they will work closely with the key business stakeholders to identify ways to improve our product lifecycle management.
The candidate will also develop and maintain relationships with our clients to better understand their needs and pain points with the ISS and other Retail Solutions Software in addition to other competitors in the marketplace.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Lead and manage the full lifecycle of products within an ISS Product Line(s) / Release Train
- Define the vision, strategy and product roadmap that balances market needs with internal resources that provide the company’s Inventory Software product offerings with unique competitive advantages
- Work with the Executive Team at ISS and Cox Automotive Retail Solutions to identify and prioritize new product initiatives on a quarterly and yearly basis
- Provide regular updates to the ISS, Cox Automotive Executive Teams, and select Clients on the current and future objectives for ISS Roadmap
- Establish strong relationships with a key group of our Clients to foster ongoing communication on current product features and future product concepts
- Champion continuous process improvements within the Product, User Experience, and Engineering teams to both grow and develop team members and to drive higher customer value from the product delivery pipeline
- Manage, provide ongoing mentoring and oversight for the Product Managers, Product Owners and UX experts.
- Oversee the definition, design, development, and launch of new products and enhancements following Scaled Agile product development practices
- Partner with technology and business leaders to ensure the Product Roadmap supports ISS and Cox Automotive business objectives
- Work directly with Sales, Performance Management, Operations, Marketing and Client Support to maintain a solid understanding of both the competitive landscape and customer needs
- Serve as the champion for product initiatives to the portfolio team, delivery stream, release trains and other roles from User Experience, Product Managers, Engineers, and Scrum Masters
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- 10+ years of experience in a Product Management or Product Development role, preferably with B2B SaaS products
- 5+ years of leading product development teams using multiple methodologies
- 5+ years of experience directly managing and leading Product Management teams
- 5+ years of experience working in an Agile development environment
- Strong technical background with the ability to quickly develop deep product knowledge and communicate the business values to the field and customers
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced cross-functional team environment with geographically distributed team members
- Demonstrated ability to lead product ideation, discovery, and delivery in an Agile environment with a strong focus on collaboration between customers, stakeholders, and delivery teams
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with ability to present and translate complex information to executive, technical, and business partners
- Ability to contribute to defining a strategic vision and to articulate it in front of a variety of audiences
- Proven organizational skills; ability to multi-task and work on several assignments concurrently; detail-oriented individual
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven track record of building strong relationships and establishing credibility with customers, prospects, analysts, sales, R&D, and the management team
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Automotive experience is strongly desired
- Up to 25% travel may be required
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.