VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the Senior Manager, Finance and be responsible for supporting the leadership and direction of the financial activities of the assigned Manheim Auctions. The Senior Financial Analyst is a key business partner for the Senior Manager, Finance as well as the Auction Leadership. The Senior Financial Analyst will be a key liaison with the Center of Excellence as well as other functional business areas.
The Senior Financial Analyst will support the Senior Manager in overall financial management of the assigned locations to include financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting, as well as strategic initiatives and business case development. The role will engage proactively with the business leaders to anticipate business issues and provide all financial support for business decisions.
A focus on continuous improvement including the enhancement of Finance processes and procedures is essential to success in this position. This includes partnering across the broader finance organization and with key business stakeholders to optimize upstream and downstream processes and integrate improvements into operating plans and goals. Ongoing individual development within the finance organization is another critical success factor including the ability to transform and adapt the organization to the Company’s shifting business model and strategies.
- Support preparation and review of consolidated monthly and annual financial results.
- Assist with development and delivery of management presentations for Auction and Regional leadership.
- Build and maintain relationships with functional business areas including Marketing, Credit & Collections, Operations, and other Auction Administrative functions to promote collaboration.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and develop financial models and business cases to identify operational efficiencies and support new investment ideas.
- Analyze trends and key variances to plans and partner with Senior Manager and Auction leadership to develop and support improvement plans.
- Assist in the preparation, review, and presentation of monthly forecasts and annual budgets.
- Assist in development of driver-based models to support Auctions.
- Collaborate with internal customers and peers in developing reporting tools which appropriately solve the needs of the business and provide strategic support.
LEADERSHIP AND DEVELOPMENT:
- Remain current on best practices and trends relevant to finance and related technologies.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders at operating locations, and key corporate stakeholders, ensuring that they understand and value the services provided by the Finance team and respond to feedback regarding opportunities for improvement.
- Partner with key stakeholders across Cox Automotive to ensure appropriate service levels are being provided.
- Complete special projects and prepare ad hoc reports as needed.
- Perform related duties & responsibilities as assigned/requested.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting preferred or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in a financial environment
- 5+ years of business experience, with a strong focus in financial planning (budget/ forecast), financial analysis and business case modeling.
- Strong knowledge of financial concepts, practices and procedures (e.g. IRR, NPV, DCF, payback, etc.).
- Demonstrated analytical ability and high degree of intellectual curiosity with track record of delivered results.
- Advanced MS Excel skills required, including logical and reference formulas, financial functions, use of pivot tables, best practice in financial model structure/design, assumption toggling, charting/graphing and formatting for executive presentations.
- Experience with Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Reporting/Essbase is a strong plus.
- Ability to operate and work across functional groups in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to prepare executive level presentations and insights.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with flexibility and willingness to balance multiple, changing priorities and ability to work under tight deadlines. Experienced in organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating one’s own work.
- Advanced MS PowerPoint skills preferred, with an emphasis on effective, professional presentation design/formatting.
- Potential for 25%+ travel, as the business requires.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.