Who We Are:
Cox Media is the advertising sales division of Cox Communications, the third largest cable entertainment and broadband services provider in the country. Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses, giving Cox Media’s customers the opportunity to reach their ideal customer wherever they go. At Cox Media, we are looking for best and the brightest people who can help us to build a unique culture and organization that is multi-national, multi-lingual and multi-cultural. If this you are self-motivated, entrepreneurial and understand how to thrive in a multi-national environment and then we should talk.
Cox Communications, Inc. is seeking a Product Manager to be a part of the Cox Media Owned and Operated Product team. The Product Manager is responsible for the lifecycle associated with their assigned advertising products within Cox Media's advertising portfolio. This includes, but not limited to gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, defining the solution, and working closely with development, sales, marketing, and operations to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are achieved.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise on assigned products by leading cross-departmental efforts that will drive the success of the Product Management and Development Team, including but not limited to the following:
- Work with the Cox Owned and Operated product team to execute on its linear and digital addressable advertising solutions, internet protocol TV dynamic ad insertion (IPTV DAI) and in guide advertising. This includes gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, defining the solution, and working closely with development, sales, marketing, and operations to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are achieved.
- Align with Marketing and Research teams to ensure product offerings/benefits are properly positioned and are drive by data research.
- Collaborate with Cox Media markets to facilitate product launches and/or enhancements, ensure proper training, inform compelling marketing collateral, and gather market and customer feedback.
- Partner with the third-party vendor partners, Campaign Fulfillment Center (CFC) and Operations teams to implement fulfillment and billing practices consistent with Cox Media sales philosophy.
- Partnering with Sales team to identify strategies for increasing market share, product usage and growing revenue for all products.
- Partner with Business Enablement team to ensure internal stakeholder needs are properly addressed and documented throughout the product lifecycle.
- Partner with Finance team to develop and maintain an operating plan and budget for assigned products and manage expenses within the budget, including vendor payments.
- Assist in the development of business cases to support product and services roadmap investments, identifying opportunities to enhance the value of the portfolio and adjacent products
- Recommend/make decisions regarding programs that have a significant impact to business outcomes and carry potential consequences if unsuccessful
- Vendor management of third-party relationships to ensure a high level of accountability and customer service with continual evaluation on performance.
- Stay current of the team’s product offering and interface with local, national and sales teams providing subject matter expertise.
- Work closely with field local sales, national rep firm, and other partner sales channels, ensuring that each group has a fresh perspective of products, knows how products fit into the suite or portfolio.
- Develop, evaluate, and maintain leading business relationships internally and externally with partners, peers, vendors to articulate our needs for products and services that help facilitate company goals.
- Regularly conduct analysis on new or existing product lines and present findings to leadership.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager developing B-to-C and/or B-to-B product offerings.
- BS/BA degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Some experience with digital media, advertising products, marketing and/or advertising technologies.
- A proven track record in gathering, defining, and documenting product requirements.
- Experience in crafting a product market rollout plan and executing upon it.
- A solid understanding of project management best practices. In particular, the ability to develop a plan, critical path analysis and progress reporting.
- Has experience in delivering products and services within a waterfall and agile software development environment.
- Experience is creating and giving product presentations to customers and vendor partners.
- Experience in developing business cases determining if a product should be initiated and/or maintained.
- Strong ability to work across departmental boundaries to drive toward common goals.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and sometime ambiguous environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization, detail, problem-solving and follow-up skills.
- Basic understanding or user interface design principles and best practices.
- Ability to build and maintain constructive partnerships with diverse group of internal and external work groups.
- Ability to influence people that don't report into the position.
- Shows commitment to self-development by demonstrated desire to learn new ways of doing business, staying abreast of competitors/industry major initiatives.
- Strong working knowledge of all Microsoft products.
- As needed, willingness to travel by car and/or air to meet both internal and external customers.
- Experience working in the cable or broadcast TV industry.
- Hands on experience with TV or digital advertising, ad serving technologies and addressable / targeted advertising campaigns.
- Experience with managing ad inventory, yield management, rate cards and reporting functions.
- Experience using the Comcast ad serving system Freewheel MRM.
- Strong familiarity with using MS Project, Jira, Aha! and/or Trello tools.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.