SIGN-ON BONUS for eligible candidates – effective 10/5/21 *Eligibility – Only for external candidates. Paid in 2 increments – 1/2 with first payroll cycle and 1/2 at 90 days after hire.
Connect to a career you’ll love at Cox Business!
Cox Business is more than part of a cable company – we are a technology solutions leader. In addition to offering phone, internet, TV, and security services for businesses, we also consult with companies of all sizes to provide managed network services, cloud infrastructure, managed hosting services, and other emerging technology solutions.
Our Account Executive – Cox Business Security Solutions earns a competitive base salary, commissions, and exceptional benefits. In addition, you’ll have access to training, support, and the chance to qualify for an all-expense-paid luxury incentive trip for top performers. This is an outside sales position for highly motivated, achievement-driven professionals selling to local businesses in our community.
If you’re curious about new technologies, tenacious, and willing to go the extra mile for your customers, we want to talk to you!
What you’ll do:
- Sell detection and surveillance security products and services to new and existing commercial business customers
- Cultivate new leads through referrals, company provided leads, networking groups, and cold calling
- Meet and exceed sales goals and overall objectives
- Understand security needs of business customers to determine an appropriate solution
- Negotiate pricing, products, and promotions with prospective clients
- Develop and maintain sales plans, forecast data, and customer database
- Collaborate with other team members to determine solutions to best meet customers’ needs
- Attend job-related training and participate in internal meetings
What’s in it for you:
- Access to market research, local sales engineers, and back-office support to ensure client satisfaction
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits effective first date of employment
- Free internet and other Cox discounted services (in applicable markets)
- Work/life balance with flexible vacation policy
- Reimbursements for gas and other travel-related expenses; laptop and cellphone
- 401(k) with enhanced company match
- Career advancement across more than 300 businesses in the Cox Enterprises portfolio
- Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement, Corporate Discounts, and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- 1 or more years of related sales experience
- 1 year successful business-to-business or business-to-customer sales experience with quotas and cold calling
- History of success in meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired
- 1 or more years business-to-business or business security sales experience
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.