VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Eligible for a $3,000 Sign On Bonus $1,500 after completion of 30 days with CEI and $1,500 upon completion of 180 days with CEI
The road of life has lots of twists and turns, and our Automotive Technicians are the torque wrench-wielding surgeons for everything on four wheels who keep it moving smoothly. So, this job is kind of a big deal. It’s the kind of work that calls for someone who loves cars and people. If the idea of making cars sing gets your motor running, keep reading.
What You’ll Do
Working solo or with a team, you’ll maintain and repair vehicles for the Cox Enterprises Fleet to make them look and run like new. Remember that “loves people” thing? Well, that’s because you’ll be delivering exceptional service to customers. Here’s a list of some of the key responsibilities that accompany this job:
What’s In It For You?
- Cox is a big believer in developing leaders from within the company, and once you’re with us, we’ll support your efforts to find an ideal mentor, train for other opportunities, and make moves within the business that support your goals. Whether you’re looking to accelerate your path or shift gears, we’re here to fuel your journey. When it comes to your career, we care about the details.
- You’ll be rewarded with competitive pay and generous benefits. If you’re full-time, there are tons of other perks you’ve come to expect (e.g., 401k + company match, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.) and others you may not expect (e.g., tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance (crazy cool, right?) and much more…). Automotive Technicians are also provided uniforms!
- As part of the Cox team, you’ll be a part of a culture that puts people first, and believes in being a force for good in our communities as well as for the planet (more specifically – Earth, though we like them all).
Who You Are
You’re confident with the right tools in your hand, and you can bring vehicles back to life with your abilities to repair and restore. When someone says, “Can you fix this?” you pretty much say “Yes” before you even know what’s wrong. Despite all that swagger, you’re an easygoing, friendly person, who gets along well with others and likes being part of a tight-knit team. You’re cool behind the wheel of any kind of ride and take great care with how you drive. You’re comfortable with all the rigors that come with working on a vehicle – and believe that the best way to raise your game is to take advantage of training opportunities as they roll your way.
Depending on your certifications and experience, Cox offers different levels of positions: I, II, and III.
Level I Technician – This position is an entry-level vehicle Technician who performs light repairs under the supervision of a Technician II, Technician III, or Lead Technician.
Level II Technician – This role is a mid-level Automotive Technician. This Technician may work independently or in a team environment.
Level III Technician – This position is a Master-level Automotive Technician who may work independently or in a team environment.
Specific Responsibilities for all Technicians include:
- Performs Preventive Maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel filter, transmission flush, and inspection of the vehicle for mechanical deficiencies.
- Based upon certification levels, performs various repairs and maintenance which may include: OBD II systems, brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension components, aerial lifts, electrical systems, State Safety Inspections, interior/exterior components, engine and drive line components, etc.
- Maintains/repairs shop equipment.
- Keeps shop area clean and tidy. Perform work in accordance with safety standards. Dispose of all fluids in a safe manner and in accordance with all regulations.
- Creates and maintains vehicle history and maintenance records. May up fit new vehicles with the necessary equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Additional Responsibilities for Level II & III include
- Responsibilities as outlined above for all technicians.
- Performs light to major repairs.
- Performs advanced vehicle diagnostics.
- Assures prompt repairs by interfacing and coordinating with vendors for parts and repairs.
- Provides roadside assistance as needed.
- Uses custom equipment when needed in order to complete moderate design/fabrication tasks including welding.
- Assures maintenance of specialized trucks by troubleshooting and repairing complex hydraulic systems, generators and electrical systems, hybrids, and onboard computer systems.
- Responsible for direct interaction with customers and displays exceptional interpersonal skills while driving service center’s performance with the highest integrity and trust.
- Responsible for the efficient diagnosis, repair, and replacement of general automotive parts and accessories.
- Conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs; including but not limited to brakes, drivability, emissions, steering/suspension, electrical, state safety and emissions testing, maintenance services, HVAC, major engine and hydraulics
Qualifications by Level
Service and Repair Experience A.S.E Certification Requirements (within 18 months of employment)
- Level I 1-3 years 1 Certification
- Level II 3-7 years 4 Certifications
- Level III 7+ years Master Level Certification
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- At least 1 year of customer service experience.
- Must be able to attain level-appropriate A.S.E. Certifications within 18 months of employment and must continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status and to meet with technology and fleet changes as they occur.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Ability to work safely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to enter and exit vehicles frequently.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must have a working knowledge of DOT and CDL requirements for medium and heavy truck applications.
- Must be able to obtain Class A or B Operator’s License is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Additional Level III Specific Requirements:
- Requires extensive training and certification accompanied with a preferred 5-10 years of hands-on diesel repair experience.
- Will possess advanced knowledge and advanced troubleshooting skills to resolve complex repairs.
- Must be skilled and able to work on multiple applications, from Light-Duty to Class A-Heavy Trucks, Mechanical Equipment, Machinery, Passenger Vehicles, booms/hydraulics, electrical, any complex repairs, design and fabrication, and more.
- Transmission experience preferred.
For all levels:
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
Who We Are
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.