Cox Media is seeking a Digital Operations Manager to join the Product Management and Development team. Reporting to the Director, Product Management – Partners, this position is the liaison between the local market sales and sales services teams, agencies and centralized campaign managers and specialists. They will lead a team of campaign managers and specialists that will be highly focused on ensuring digital campaigns are fulfilled on time and deliver results that meet or exceed client expectations across the Google and Amazon portfolio of products. This will be a new team to the organization focused on bringing these campaign management tasks in house.
This individual must maintain a comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of digital fulfillment including product offerings, processes, workflows, SLAs and KPIs. They must also be able to efficiently translate campaign requirements into effective, actionable information for fulfillment providers. They will manage a fulfillment team to drive superior campaign execution and results for customers and will manage their performance against associated SLAs and KPIs. They will also determine prioritization of clients and direct campaign managers on ensuring execution of that prioritization. The Digital Ad Ops Manager will be the liaison to both the Preferred partner for access to select DSPs as well and to the Product Management team. This communication will include escalating issues, areas of concerns, reporting on productivity and overall team performance.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Manages staff responsible for digital campaigns, includes hiring, retaining, and growing and developing the team. Execution for this team will be focused specifically on DV360, Amazon DSP and Google campaign manager.
- Advises and coaches team members on procedures, technical problems, priorities, and standard methodology.
- Uses comprehensive knowledge of all digital ad products and fulfillment processes to effectively launch and maintain campaigns that achieve advertiser goals and KPIs.
- Detailed knowledge of both internal and outsourced digital fulfillment requirements and workflow.
- Liaison and single-point-of-contact between the markets and fulfillment providers for all digital fulfillment inquiries and issues.
- Liaison to preferred vendor for technical troubleshooting on DSP platforms. Responsible for escalating issues and managing through resolution.
- Develops workflow solutions for team to become efficient and create best practices enabling the team to scale and manage additional order volumes.
- Checks inventory in the pre-sale process as needed to ensure availability prior to order processing.
- Reviews all orders to ensure proper documentation is supplied and secures any missing data from the digital sales team prior to handing off to the fulfillment team.
- Approves and/or escalates any orders that are exceptions to the standardized product catalog and SLAs.
- Launches fulfillment tasks for each order and sends required data to both internal and outsourced fulfillment providers.
- Holds fulfillment providers accountable for SLA delivery and escalates issues as needed.
- Monitors fulfillment status to ensure campaigns deliver desired results and makes recommendations to optimize delivery if needed.
- Reviews campaign performance and makes every effort to ensure client satisfaction and retention.
- Provides consistent feedback to fulfillment providers and campaign managers to facilitate continuous improvement in the quality of service and campaign results.
- Works with Shared Sales Services and Product Management Team to educate them on fulfillment best practices to ensure markets are properly trained.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- BA or BS degree
- 2 or more years of experience in a management role
- 5+ years of experience working in a digital advertising operations or fulfillment role.
- 5+ years of experience in customer service working directly with sales and marketers.
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital advertising ecosystem
- Proven skills in digital campaign management including processing, trafficking and monitoring performance against SLAs and KPIs.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, analytical problem solving, listening, written, and verbal communication and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization.
- Keen problem-solving skills – ability to proactively identify potential issues, troubleshoot and quickly resolve them.
- Self-starter, resourceful and excels at “getting things done”.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience in cross-functional collaboration.
- Demonstrated customer service skills with ability to build strong working relationships and consistently met or exceed customer expectations.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to organize and prioritize assignments.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with the ability to learn and apply new concepts and tools quickly.
- Analytical and possess the ability to evaluate data and interpret results.
- Willing to travel as necessary for training, digital media events, etc.
- Prior experience specifically with DV360, Amazon DSP, Google Ad Manager, FreeWheel, DSPs or similar advertising systems and technologies.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.