VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Dealer.com, a Cox Automotive brand, is seeking User Interface Engineers to join our Vehicle & Website
Delivery team in Burlington, VT.
Our Software Engineers are extraordinarily passionate and driven by technology. We thrive on designing
simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and delivering leading edge software products for our
We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable
working with the agile methodology as part of an interdisciplinary team, have experience working in fast-
paced environments and who have passion and skills to take our product offering to the next level.
As a User Interface Engineer you will work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to
perform at your best, while collaborating with several of our scrum teams. You will be challenged to
engineer right-sized solutions for complex business problems. You will architect, design and develop
robust and scalable server-side software for high-volume transactional web-based applications.
- Develop front end solutions for our suite of business tools.
- Craft digital workflows that improve productivity.
- Collaborate with users and stakeholders to discuss user interface requirements and brainstorm UI ideas.
- Actively participate in the engineering community, staying up to date on new web development technologies and best practices and share insights with others in the organization.
- Collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines to define technology objectives, assess solution options and devise architectural solutions that both achieve strategic business goals and meet operational requirements.
- Influence our migration to AWS Cloud Services.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Web Development, Graphic Design, or related field. Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
- 5+ years of relevant experience building dynamic and single page web applications with a modern front-end framework
- Terraform, New Relic, Java/Groovy/Grails, AngularJS 1.x. Ext-Js
What We Look For:
- Working experience building front-end applications from conception and design, to implementation and support.
- Strong front-end development experience, including working knowledge of React
- Experience implementing and maintaining automated testing
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies desired
- Strong documentation skills
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.