VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
When it comes to getting things done, it’s all about the process. But you already know that. After all, you’re the master at starting the process off right, helping get a vehicle checked in right the first time and off to its next pit stop. Sound like you? Then you may want to check out our role as a Vehicle Check-In Clerk.
What You’ll Do
Simply put, you’ll start the process off right so someone else can help drive it home . When cars are ready for auction processing, you’ll be the one to get the vehicle into our system, categorized and cleared for its ride down Lane 1 to the auction block. You’ll take digital pics of each vehicle as it comes in, report any damage you spot, and flag any “no key” cars.
Here are more of the almost-daily duties you can look forward to:
- Accurately input vehicle information into AS400 computer using a handheld computer (or provide info via headset to co-worker for data entry) for each auction vehicle.
- Affix barcode/stock number, work order, and routing stickers on each vehicle.
- Direct transporters to proper car drop zone.
- Provide proper sale identification windshield code to auction driver.
- Know and follow all safety and health procedures.
What’s In It For You?
For all you’ll do to serve up amazing auction experiences, we’ll support you with an awesome combo platter of opportunities and incentives. Here’s a taste of what’s in store:
- Competitive pay, generous incentives, and employee discounts, even on cars!
- If you’re full-time, you’ll have access to even more benefits, such as comprehensive healthcare, 401(k) + company match, generous paid time off, including time off to volunteer, life & disability insurance, and more!
- You’ll work in a fast-charged culture and with teams that respect your role, your experience, your contributions, and you as a person. We get that recognition is important, and Cox works to celebrate those who help make us successful every day.
- Your road is wide open with opportunities. Take a new road. Change lanes into another Cox company business. Get promoted. The sky’s the limit. Cox will support you on your journey of unlimited possibilities with ongoing training, free online classes, and mentoring programs to help you create the career you dream about.
- You’ll become a part of a movement for good at a company making bold social and environmental commitments. Diversity Inc. recently named Cox a Top 3 Company for Philanthropy (2019). This is a place you can feel good about working because you’ll be a part of creating positive change through your work and the Cox culture.
Who You Are
You know the basics about car registration and computers, and you’re stoked about learning more. The thought of putting in a bit of paid OT now and then feels like a win/win. Your keen eyesight makes people wonder if you’re part eagle, and your fluid movement make them wonder if you’re sneaking in late night yoga classes.
Here’s more of what it takes to clock in as a clerk:
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Ability to drive automatic and standard transmission vehicles.
- Basic computer skills.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1+ years auto auction or vehicle registration experience.
- Ability to lift 1-15 pounds.
- Ability to work in varying weather conditions, tolerate excessive loud noises, and ongoing exhaust fumes.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk, and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat. and climb.
- Vision requirements: see close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.