VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Dealer.com, a Cox Automotive brand, is seeking a Software Engineer I to join our Vehicle & Website Delivery team in Burlington, VT.
Our Software Engineers are extraordinarily passionate and driven by technology. We thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and delivering leading edge software products for our customers.
We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable working with the agile methodology as part of an interdisciplinary team, have experience working in fast-paced environments and who have passion and skills to take our product offering to the next level.
As a Software Engineer I you will work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, while leading the engineering efforts of one of our scrum teams. You will be challenged to engineer right-sized solutions for complex business problems. You will architect, design and develop robust and scalable server-side software for high-volume transactional web-based applications.
Technology we use:
- Design, develop and maintain framework for web-based applications to enhance the performance and reliability
- Participate in the development of new industry-leading products leveraging the technologies we use
- Design and develop service-oriented architecture solutions that integrating with complex database and third-party components
- Construct and manage services published to both internal and external consumers
- Architect, design and develop platform level components including event architectures, messaging, and caching solutions
- Collaborate on developing best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements
- Analyze and conceive solutions, and develop prototypes for next generation components to extend platform architecture, solve complex business problems and extend business functionality
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and up to 2+ OR 4 years experience of equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 1-2 years of multi-threaded server-side web application development experience
What We Look For:
- Use of RESTful to create Service Oriented Architecture
- Building Framework & Platforms for a multi data center that can be deployed globally
- Experience with cloud deployments
- Responsible for the technical product
- Design for High availability, SLA (service level agreements)
- Failure mode testing
- Managing design practices and implementation
- Polyglot capabilities
- Ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction.
- Experience evaluating and implementing best practices tools and techniques for software development, leading code reviews and coaching/mentoring Java Developers
- Experience with Java skills and object-oriented design
- Strong working knowledge of the Java web technology platform, applied use of design patterns, JSP and servlets
- Experience with database development skills including a solid understanding of database technologies, and logical and physical data modeling
- Experience with session management, object relational mapping, XML web services, and agile development methodologies desired
- Experience with Design and development of platform level components including events architectures, messaging, and coaching.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.