This position is the subject matter technical expert on the Cox Media CFC Operations team responsible for handling escalated technical support issues as well as ad insertion data analysis and root cause analysis. Also responsible for fulfillment verification processing, schedule loading, issue recognition and communication for the advertising sales back office. This position will work closely with other back office departments, sales support teams, vendors, and partners to ensure the highest levels of contract fulfillment occur. The position will act as subject matter experts for projects and initiatives that involve operations technology, data, and process.
- Write MS-SQL Queries to pull technical ad insertion performance data for technical run rate analysis.
- Aggregate and analyze data, identify trends, root cause and propose solutions to resolve production issues
- Engage applicable internal and external partners including CFC analysts, video engineering, external vendors and other relevant parties to actively resolve issues.
- Work with external ad partners on actively identifying and resolving systemic playback issues.
- Serves a lead technical subject matter expert in technical ad insertion operations for the Cox Media CFC Operations team.
- Recognize issues impacting the successful loading of daily playback schedules; diagnose and triage any issues to ensure that they are resolved prior to first scheduled event daily.
- Responsible for proper playback and verification of locally inserted commercials, including the monitoring and adjusting of video and audio levels to ensure highest quality of playback.
- Pro-actively monitor the health of ad insertions systems to ensure continues smooth operation of business critical equipment.
- Apply advanced skills to resolve complex problems
- Responsible for coordinating/supporting technical hardware/software, configuration, milestone issue communications.
- Document all hardware and software problems and follow up with user/technical support vendors on software/hardware problems
- Communicate all equipment failures and technical errors.
- Responsible for troubleshooting operations workflow issues through system knowledge and vendor engagement
- Effectively identifies process or system problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve issues without specified processes or procedures.
- Determines path of action regarding technical issues under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective results.
- Perform related work as required.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience;
- 4+ years of experience preferred in related field (i.e. linear advertising technology operations, technical support, Video engineering or broadcast television work, etc.)
- Requires strong proficiency with windows operating systems, Microsoft office suite including Excel, Word, and Outlook, digital ad insertion technology.
- Proficiency running MS SQL queries to extract relevant data and perform analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, troubleshooting, and high touch communication skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; ability to look at broad data and propose specific solutions
- AS/AA or Technical Certification in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.).
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
- Experience with Arris and Sea Change ad insertion platforms helpful.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.