The Media Sales Services Specialist I coordinates and troubleshoots the acquisition and fulfillment of advertising orders for accounts with moderate to high revenue potential; involves working closely with assigned sales consultants and clients as well as the Campaign Fulfillment Center (CFC) and other Sales Services Staff.
The position works in a cubicle at a desk in Cox Media Sales offices within a sourced services (centralized) work environment. Internal customers are primarily the Sales team but other departments as well. Work is time- and error-sensitive; failure to meet deadlines or produce accurate work results in lost revenue. The role has significant contact with external customers by phone. Assigns work to others with no formal organizational authority.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Serve as the liaison between sales consultants, segment 2 and 3 clients, and Client Services.
- Partners with sales consultants to fulfill special billing request for clients.
- Creates post campaign recaps for select clients.
- Strategizes with sales consultants and other Sales Services staff to increase revenue generation that includes up selling as it aligns with the client solution and other opportunities available that fit within the client’s goals and objectives.
- Key duties include partnering with the Sales Consultant for order entry and revision instructions, managing and troubleshooting ad copy, fulfilling makegood requests, and managing client requests.
- Takes responsibility to solve internal / external customer problems.
Major work activities include:
- Ensures that ad copy is submitted to the CFC, entered into Novar per instructions, and approved and corrected if necessary; updates or troubleshoots ad copy and locates previously used spot IDs and copy media, as needed.
- Investigates pre-empted spots, submits makegood instructions based on client or sales consultant direction, and ensures that makegoods are processed correctly in Novar.
- Collaborates with assigned sales consultants to develop client solutions, strategize how to increase revenue, and determine client product mix. May upsell in line with client goals and objectives and previously agreed-upon client solutions, especially in conjunction with makegoods.
- Calls customers to obtain information or missing ad copy, or to inform them about schedule changes; responds to customers’ questions, solves their schedule-related problems, and handles other client requests by phone; in conjunction with a sales consultant provides follow-up information and post-campaign details to clients; may meet with clients in person at the request of the sales consultant and/or local Sales Manager.
- Develops Blockbuster template in View32 including all flight dates, updating template based on inventory availability.
- Monitors key business reports to gauge the successful fulfillment of client contracts. Initiates and takes action as needed to engage sales consultants in modifications, changes, and/or client notifications needed.
- Sets up new clients/agencies in TIM and works with CFC to set them up in Novar and set up their billing.
- Coordinates and provides direction and assistance to SSCs regarding order entry and revision.
- Investigates and resolves credit holds and misapplied payments; maintains records and keeps balance on all trade accounts.
- Attends job-related training that may include refresher training, and service updates.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- 2 or more year of experience preferred in related field
- 2 years experience in a sales environment or performing customer service work, OR a bachelor’s degree
- Requires 6 months experience using Microsoft Office applications in a work or non-work setting
- Excellent skills in adaptability, applied learning, collaboration, customer service orientation, high impact communication, initiating action, keyboarding, PC skills, problem solving and troubleshooting, quality orientation, reasoning, self-organizing, and written communication, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- AS/AA or Technical Certification or Bachelor’s degree in related discipline strongly desired
- Previous experience in a sales environment
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.