Cox Communications is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator who is responsible for a full range of system administrative and consultative activities which ensures the operational effectiveness supporting advertising business needs across the advertising platforms. Proactively monitors and supports user requests, system updates, enhancements, and issues. Serves as support in responding to and diagnosing production support problems with applications, integrations, and underlying platforms (hardware and software). Interacts effectively with internal customers and appropriate system vendors to conduct necessary research and analysis to resolve issues and introduce new capabilities. Ensures documentation standards and procedures for operations are in place. Actively seeks and evaluates opportunities for process improvement. Provides system maintenance and support for enterprise applications and other systems as required and provides a means to verify the integrity of existing infrastructure. Will be expected to respond and support product emergencies when required.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Ensures all platform resources are available and accessible by properly authorized personnel at all times.
- Maintain partner design within platforms, and any associated documentation, on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain, instantiate, and update servers and server architecture to support resources.
- Create/update and publish network diagrams and configurations, using the provided templates in a manner that can be easily understood by all network users.
- Communicate with partners and vendors on design changes and functional impacts with all key stakeholders, including inventory, ad operations, product, technology, sales, and sales business enablement.
- Manage partner relationships, as well as the integration and maintenance of partners, as part of Cox Media’s advertising technology stack.
- Identify additional partner relationship opportunities to expand or increase efficiency of Cox Media’s sales support application infrastructure.
- Support the configuration and maintenance of sales support applications and secure access to same (via Citrix).
- Perform problem determination (root cause analysis) and document the source of problems and their resolution. Support stakeholders and other partners in resolving errors resulting from the use of platform applications. Recognize and analyze trends in errors to identify and install long term solutions to problems.
- Invent and implement tools, processes and reports to help create efficiencies company-wide, eliminate redundancy and create bandwidth for our field marketing and research to focus on high-touch service of our top-tier advertising clients.
- Act as the team expert on Citrix and Microsoft SQL databases.
- Provide project management leadership and guidance to cross-functional teams in their support of key initiatives during planning and deployment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- 5+ years of experience required in related field (Advertising Technology, Data Solutions, Telecommunication Information Technology, or Engineering); 3+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
- Requires strong knowledge of Citrix, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Server, and Microsoft Web Services.
- Strong multitasking, analytical, and creative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- Self-starting, self-directed individual with strong organizational skills who pays attention to detail and possesses strong follow-up skills.
- Nimble and adaptable in our fast-paced environment.
- Experience defining and implementing new processes and workflows that utilize best practices.
- Clear verbal and written communication across various cross-functional teams.
- Ability to travel 5% as required by land or air on an occasional basis.
- Courage to challenge existing practices to find better solutions.
- Excellent analysis, testing and troubleshooting skills.
- Typical hours are 10am-7pm Eastern Time on weekdays, plus additional time for scheduled maintenance or high-priority troubleshooting.
- Prior experience in media, specifically cable and/or advanced television.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering).
- Experience in Advertising Technology or Telecommunications.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.