VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
The Release Train Engineer’s (RTE) primary purpose is to lead Agile Release Trains (ART) to success and navigate the complexity of delivering software consistently in large environments The RTE resolves and escalates impediments, manages risk, assures value delivery, and drives program level continuous improvement. They play a critical link between multiple scrum teams; facilitating communications, opening the flow of information, and sharing important progress updates to ensure all teams involved in the ART are focused on successful delivery. The RTE is accountable for the overall coordination, execution, and delivery of value through the program while ensuring alignment with company strategy, commitments, and goals.
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the program with minimal to no supervision
- Establish and communicate the calendars for Program Increments and Iterations
- Facilitate Program Increment planning readiness by fostering the preparation of Vision and Backlogs
- Facilitate the agile planning events
- Track the execution of features and opportunities
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices
- Facilitate Team Meetings
- Manage risks and dependencies
- Measure progress toward goals
- Escalate and track issues / impediments
- Resource to address critical bottlenecks
- Work cross functionally with Journey Owners/Teams to ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Facilitate feature and solution demos, obtain feedback
- Drive continuous improvement
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- 7+ years of experience in related field
- Must understand the difference between “being Agile” and “doing Agile”
- Can demonstrate the comprehension of a lean-Agile mindset and practices with the ability to develop others in this area
- Servant leader and communicator with strong interpersonal skills who can:
- Facilitate effective discussions of any size across all levels of the organization
- Listen and support teams in problem-identification and decision making
- Communicate in an open, honest, and direct manner
- Encourage an environment that values mutual respect, openness, and courage
- Persuade by influence rather than authority
- Understand and empathize with others
- Think beyond day-to-day activities
- Support teams’ commitments and continuous growth
- Empower teams to be owners of their products and processes
- Atlassian JIRA experience
- Experience working in an Agile organization using Scrum, XP, Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), or other scaling models
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
- Agile Certification (CSM)
- SAFe Agilist (SA) or other SAFe certifications strongly preferred
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.