VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Cox Communications is searching for a Cox Business Access Transport Technician I. Cox Communications is searching for a CB Access Transport Technician I. This role is responsible for configuring aggregate devices, routers, optical access, and/or DWDM equipment that carries video, data, and/or telephony traffic. Utilizes various applications for implementation, service, test and acceptance (Remedy, NetSmart, SAM, Preside, Granite, Procomm Plus, Secure CRT).
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Under closer supervision, prepares, configures, installs and provisions Ethernet and SONET transport equipment for single and multiple dwelling business locations that will support complex services.
- Inserts access transport equipment into Cox fiber ring and powers up equipment.
- Performs access transport equipment maintenance support to include changes, upgrades and migrations, disconnects, decommissions, preparation and configuration in support of fulfillment activities.
- Coordinates equipment pick up with boundary partners.
- Works with contractors/vendors to ensure equipment is installed and operating properly.
- Creates, updates and closes Remedy tickets and coordinates with change control as needed.
- Coordinates with provisioning to verify/finalize customer acceptance of service, confirming service is working as expected to initiate billing.
- Coordinates equipment pick up with boundary partners.
- Ensures quality of processes, programs and customer satisfaction.
- Complies with all safety procedures and policies.
- Performs end-to-end provisioning of customer circuits as designed in an accompanying work package from engineering.
- Performs all final circuit provisioning and configuration of device and intermediate cross connects.
- Identifies and sorts equipment needed for work orders.
- Configures CPE in warehouse prior to installation at customer premises.
- Ensures appropriate iOS upgrade is applied.
- Works with customer on integration of complex circuits such as BGP, EPLAN, EVPLAN, etc.
- Assists with initial turn-up of CPE equipment.
- Tests and verifies services in conjunction with the install team.
- This position may be required to work shifts and/or provide 24/7 coverage to meet customer demands
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- High School Diploma, GED or related experience
- 1+ year experience in a related field (e.g. technical support, installation and maintenance). Working knowledge of IP, Ethernet, SONET, DWDM, DOCSIS, Video and telephone technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills to work effectively with team throughout the organization Valid local State Driver’s License and driving record that meets Cox standards Preferred AA/AS degree or Technical Certification in related discipline desired (Technical Operations)
- 1 year experience in provisioning and troubleshooting layer II & III networks Prior commercial installation experience; technical support experience Cisco certification
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.