VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
At Cox Media, we believe in recognizing outstanding work, investing in our teams and building authentic relationships. With nearly 30 offices in 13 different states, Cox Media covers 19 markets and 6 million households across our aggregated footprint, connecting advertisers of all sizes to audiences across multiple screens. Using everything from cable TV to the latest digital products, we create multi-platform advertising campaigns to exceed our clients’ marketing objectives.
The Media Sales Services Coordinator provides data entry and general sales services support of Cox Media sales and fulfillment processes, including order entry and revisions as well as other aspects of the fulfillment process that require minimal or no client interaction. The position spends the majority of work time entering or checking order information on a PC. Works in Cox Media Sales offices in a sourced services (centralized) work environment. The positions interacts with internal customers only. The work is repetitive but time- and error-sensitive; failure to meet deadlines or produce accurate work results in lost revenue.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Partners with a sales consultant in gathering data and research to complete a Client Needs Analysis (CNA) for new/prospective clients.
- Serves as the owner/administrator for all client data management (CRM).
- Creates quality packages/templates for Sales Services Specialist Is (SSS Is) and Sales Services Specialist IIs (SSS IIs) to customize in schedule creation.
- Teams with SSS Is and SSS IIs to perform basic fulfillment processes, including order entry and revisions, identification of media management issues, for all clients.
- Assists SSS Is and SSS IIs to provide tactical support as needed.
- Enters and checks new client contract, billing, and client-initiated order revision information in order entry software (TIM) using data provided by a sales consultant or the Sales Services team. Submits order and account information electronically to the Campaign Fulfillment Center (CFC) for processing.
- Monitors TIM for acceptance of work requests; reviews key business reports to verify that work requests were processed correctly by the CFC; and engages Sales Services Specialists and/or sales consultants in making required changes and/or notifying clients as needed.
- Maintains all customer-related data in CRM software or other databases and in master office files; includes customer needs analysis (CNA), meeting details, final solution presentation, and collateral materials. Requests information as needed and adds new or updated information to CRM. May also coordinate the updating of customer information in Novar or enter the updated information directly in TIM.
- Gathers client business and media advertising spending information from Research and gathers product/Cox Media material from Marketing for use by sales consultants in qualifying leads, preparing client needs analyses, or developing sales proposals. May also pull basic research from websites.
- Proactively monitors ad copy and ad copy media reports to identify any missing ad copy or instructions, or media that has not been encoded; requests needed information and follows up with the appropriate Sales or Sales Services team member to troubleshoot, if required.
- Pulls key business reports for the Sales Services Specialists and sales consultants as requested.
- Prepares thank-you notes to new clients from existing samples or templates for members of the Sales team.
- Develops schedule templates in order input software (View32) for packages and high-profile programming.
- Provides reconciliation support (e.g., reprints billing documents) as needed; collects, logs, and mails checks; secures affidavits and invoice copies; and coordinates with CFC A/R to have documents notarized.
- Performs overflow or back-up general office administrative support, as required.
- Attends job-related training that may include refresher training, and service updates.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- 1 year office/administrative or customer service experience, or one year post-high school education in a job-related field
- Requires 6 months experience using Microsoft Office applications in a work or non-work setting with demonstrated intermediate proficiency in PowerPoint.
- Excellent skills in adaptability, applied learning, keyboarding, oral communication, PC skills, quality orientation, reasoning, tolerance for structured work environment, and written communication, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- AS/AA or Technical Certification or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.