VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Eligible for a $1,000 Sign On Bonus $500 after completion of 30 days with Manheim and $500 upon completion of 180 days with Manheim
The entry level automotive technician provides a skill level of vehicle maintenance and repairs such as oil changes, battery services, and tire installations. Provides service and delivery of vehicles and repairs, including but not limited to fluid exchanges and maintenance services, tire inspections, installations and bulb, wiper blade and filter replacements. An Entry Level Automotive Technician may work independently or in a team environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES/KEY RESPONSIBILITES:
• Perform Preventive Maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel filter, transmission flush, and inspection of vehicle for mechanical deficiencies.
• Keep a clean and safe working environment.
• Perform work in accordance to safety standards. Dispose of all fluids in a safe manner and in accordance with all regulations.
• Maintain assigned work area and overall shop in clean and tidy manner at all times.
• Perform all assigned work in a safe and conscientious manner at all times as directed by management and Manheim’s safety standards.
• Create and maintains vehicle history and maintenance records.
• Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high.
• Strong verbal skills.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
- Hourly pay rate is $22.00 – 25.24/hour. The hourly rate may vary outside of the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience.
- Position is eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
High School Diploma or equivalent required and/or 6 months of vehicle service and repair experience
• Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record required.
• Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary
• Must continue training to meet with technology and automotive changes as they occur.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
• Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
• Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes to meet business requirements.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.