VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
The Cox Media Marketing Strategist partners directly with Sales and Sales Services with a sole focus on working one-on-one with top segment clients to develop customized marketing strategies and solutions to grow and protect revenue within the top segments of the client base in the market. With Sales, consults with high growth, high potential clients to recommend sophisticated, multi-screen, customized solutions that match Cox Media products, available market research, and best practices in marketing tactics to help clients achieve their goals. Develops, executes, and is accountable for the results of customized marketing solutions.
The position works in a cubicle at a desk in Cox Media offices. Internal clients are primarily the Sales team but other departments as well. The role requires a fast pace of work, multiple demands and high pressure to deliver research results to accommodate others’ schedules and priorities. Incumbent works independently with limited or remote supervision. Budget-driven; pressure to meet ambitious revenue goals. Use of personal or company car to travel occasionally to clients’ locations within the system is expected. Depending on the market, may travel 10-20% of the time. Has contact with external clients by phone and in person. Participates in client presentations and may occasionally participate in on- and off-site client activities which may occur outside regular business hours. Collaborates with and assigns work to others with no formal organizational authority.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Partners with Sales Consultants and Sales Services Specialists to provide one-on-one marketing-strategy guidance and recommend solutions to meet the marketing and business needs of top-tier clients.
• Identifies and matches Cox Media’s products to specific client needs and objectives to develop highly customized solutions and marketing campaigns.
• Holds shared accountability with Sales and Marketing Leaders to develop marketing strategies to create awareness, engagement, and drive purchasing among high growth, high potential clients. [Strategy development] Develops, executes, and adjusts strategies for monetizing Cox Media and CCI programs and events to deliver results to Cox Media clients.
• Identifies emerging sales opportunities.
• Coordinates with Sales Services Specialist, Sales Consultant, Production, Digital Media Sales Manager, and/or Marketing Coordinator (if applicable) to execute on proposed campaign solutions.
• Acts as subject matter expert to Sales team and top-tier clients on all Cox Media products, their value proposition, and how to demonstrate their impact to various marketing needs.
• Builds an effective consultative relationship with clients to ensure client satisfaction and develop future business opportunities.
• Validates that requests for and sales of Cox Media products and services meet clients’ business needs and requirements.
• Partners with Marketing Analyst and Marketing Communications Specialist to author a story which illustrates how each would benefit the client.
• Tracks campaign results and prepares comprehensive campaign recaps to communicate return on investment to clients.
• Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of Cox Media and competitor services. Is fully knowledgeable of Cox Media solutions, marketing techniques, and consultative selling techniques; attends strategic and/or development meetings with Cox Media colleagues.
• Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
• 7 or more years of experience required in related field; 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
• 4 years research/ analysis OR marketing communications/ PR experience in a related field
• 1 year media research experience
• 2 years work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
• Excellent skills in adaptability, building relationships, delivering customer service, expanding and advancing opportunities, functional competence, initiating action, inspiring innovation, continuous learning, PC skills, producing results, and sales opportunity analysis, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Management)
• 1 year sales, business development or sales consultation or digital media in a sales environment
• 2 years media research experience in a sales-driven organization
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.