VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Master-level Automotive Technician III
A Level 3 Automotive Technician provides a high skill level for accurate vehicle maintenance and repairs of vehicles. Provides exceptional service delivery and is mindful of expense controls. This technician may work independently or in a team environment.
- Perform a predefined inspection and light to complex mechanical repairs to a vehicle.
- Ability to complete minor to complex diagnosis and repairs to all vehicle systems including:
- Perform Vehicle Maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel filter, transmission flush, and inspection of vehicles for mechanical deficiencies.
- Based upon certification levels, perform various repairs and maintenance which may include: OBD II systems, brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension components, electrical systems, State Safety Inspections, interior/exterior components, engine and drive line components, etc.
- Skilled in diesel and transmission repairs is a plus.
- Maintain assigned work area and overall shop in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
- Perform all assigned work in a safe and conscientious manner at all times as directed by management and Manheim’s safety standards.
- Handle and dispose of all fluids as defined by MSDS and in accordance with all Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Create and maintain vehicle history and maintenance records as defined/directed by management.
- Assures prompt repairs by interfacing and coordinating with vendors and other Manheim associates for parts and repairs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
● High school diploma or GED (or 3+ years of related work experience
servicing vehicles instead of the degree).
● Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
● Ability to drive standard and automatic transmission vehicles.
● 3-5 years of automotive service and repair experience.
● Diesel and transmission experience preferred.
● Medium/heavy truck, booms/hydraulics, electrical, complex repairs, design,
and fabrication experience.
● Some A.S.E. Automotive Certification or other related
certifications is a plus
● Frequently required to stand, walk, reach, talk, hear, stoop, bend, kneel,
crouch, squat, climb, and tolerate excess noise levels, car exhaust and
● Vision requirements: close, distance and color vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.