VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection, not only with our products and services, but also with our career opportunities. Come connect with us and let’s build a better future together.
This position is responsible for media preparation, fulfillment verification processing, schedule loading, issue recognition and communication for the advertising sales back office. This position will work closely with other back office departments, sales support teams, vendors, and partners to ensure the highest levels of Media fulfillment occur. Reports to Operations Supervisor. Please note – this is an Afternoon Shift Role; 12:00 to 9:00 pm with rotating Saturdays.
- Responsible for proper playback and verification of locally inserted commercials, including the monitoring and adjusting of video and audio levels to ensure highest quality of playback.
- Responsible for coordinating/supporting issue communications.
- Document all hardware and software problems and follow up with user/technical support vendors on software/hardware problems
- Responsible for proper encode of local advertisements for long form or short form digital Insertion system.
- Able to make necessary adjustment to pre-roll times, Audio and Video levels with regards to the insertion equipment to maintain good on air quality.
- Monitors all networks that air local advertising for audio and video quality.
- Communicate all equipment failures and technical errors.
- Work with external ad partners on actively identifying and resolving systemic playback issues.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- 1+ years of experience including experience in some type of Video, NOC, or Broadcast environment
- Experience troubleshooting.
- Requires strong knowledge of windows operating systems, Microsoft office suite including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, troubleshooting, and high touch communication skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- Strong attention to detail.
- AS/AA or Technical Certification in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.).
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
- Digital ad insertion technology
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.