VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
This position is responsible for creating an overall auction marketing strategy and coordinating and implementing within the location. The Marketing Coordinator will partner with Corporate Marketing, Senior Field Marketing Manager and auction leadership to ensure that promotional efforts align with corporate and location goals and support the broader strategy and needs of the auction.
- Provides marketing strategy and leadership at the auction location.
- Works with auction leadership at assigned location(s) and Senior Field Marketing Manager to develop marketing strategies that serve the needs of location consignors and overall location goals.
- Plan and oversee execution of marketing activities for dealers within market and auction facilities including promotions/incentives, signage, social media, and email and phone campaigns.
- Works with location finance to effectively manage marketing budget and budget spreadsheet.
- Effectively manage location website and social media platforms, creating a plan for each channe.
- Creates and implements key account marketing plans as needed and submit COOP requests at the end of the promotional period.
- Tracks giveaways and promotional item inventory. Ensures appropriate reporting of promotional item receipt to the finance department.
- Works in auction lanes on promotions for commercial and dealer accounts.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Travel as required by corporate marketing and auction leadership. Assist and travel to sister auction location(s) to help with marketing efforts when needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in business or marketing preferred.
- 1-3 years of marketing and/or promotions and customer service leadershipexperience required.
- Previous experience in the auto industry preferred.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational and interpersonal skillsrequired.
- Strong computer skills and fundamental graphic arts knowledge is essential. Knowledge of MS Office products and layout/design software required.
- Ability to work in a high performance, fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to work effectively in a constantly changing work environment.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks; manual dexterity.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance, color and depth perception.
- Occasional exposure to outdoor weather conditions as well as noise, dust, and fumes in auction lanes.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.